EM TuningSky Insurance
    she's no d-turbo

Status

Aux in RNS-E mk2?

Picking up my RNS-E tomorrow night and hoping to get an aux-in cable fitted as well as my ipod connection. I've seen a guide for retrofitting aux-in for mk1 rns units, is it the same procedure for mk2 units? I have access to vagcom and should have some repair wires lying around for the job.

Also i take it the ipod connection for the concert2+ and rns-e are the same?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Well in the MK2 RNS-E the Ipod is usually an AMI interface, now you cannot have an AUX and an AMI at the same time as they use the same AUX inputs.

If you have the older Ipod interface on the CD changer port then you can have an AUX and it is the same as the MK1 RNS-E.

Concert/Symhony II+ does not support AMI, so you get the standard Audi Ipod tray with those units, MK2 RNS-E's support AMI and standard Ipod interfaces, but usually you will get an AMI.

she's no d-turbo

Status
    Thanks craig. I think il go down the AMI route. I installed the RNS today and I'm using my audi ipod interface from the concert system atm. It doesnt show artist info or anything though which is a bit of a bummer. Very happy with the RNS so far though, great piece of kit