Badger5AH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

Are Halfords a good place to get a Handsfree Kit and have it fitted?

Looking at handsfree, wondered if Halfords were any good, I live in Biggleswade and have one at the top of my road.

Or would I be better searching the internet for an independent and take pot luck?

Thanks for your advice.

Mark.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Update: Halfords didn't really want to do it, they told me to go to Audi as it is v complicated. Audi get a guy in to do it, so instead I have contacted two firms from google and they are both quoting around £300 for a Parrot 9200.

Neutral

Status
    I had this problem, decided on going the whole hog,if i am going to upgrade my car i might as well do the lot and am installing a new stereo with hands free built in,, costing 800 fitted, (Pioneer F930BT) Audi's RNS-E can be upgraded similar too, might be worth looking into that, I have no idea on price etc as I only know this from Mr Google myself!!

6th Gear

Status
    I have an audi symphony 6 cd and BOSE sound system, I was tempted to go for satnav system with bluetooth, but I already have a road angel, so I might as well save my money and stick with the £300.

Your Pioneer does look fab. Maybe I am too old for such a cool and trendy looking system lol

Neutral

Status
    me2, i have the bose too, also a tomtom but i am just going to let that go on ebay and it can knock off what i paid for the pioneer, maybe look at a cheaper double din system that also has bluetooth? just my opinion and I am sure someone will correct it but I think its alot of cash just for hands free, should be getting alot more for that cash,
    while i was looking round for a stereo, i couldnt help noticing that car tech is massively over priced, I can get a laptop that is 10 x better spec than any incar entertainment for the same price, and the only difference is the shape :/

6th Gear

Status
    Well it is handsfree and will allow me to play my iphone music as well. I know it sounds steep, but it is that one cable costs £90 and that is what is bumping up the cost.

I am not sure that buying a new stereo would still need that £90 lead? I am not at all technical. But are you saying a new stereo will do as good a job as a Parrot 9200 hansdfree when it comes to handling calls?

Neutral

Status
    alot of stereos have parrot built in nowerdays! I am no expert either, as I say, I know what I know through googling stuff for myself but it is deffo worth researching before you part with your hard earned cash!!

6th Gear

Status
    I have done it now, it is within my budget, spending more on Satnav would be outside my budget, so I suppose I will just have to make do. Bllomin expensive, but if it saves me getting points and penalties then it is worth it.

You certainly got me to thinking, but the extra money isn't worth it for me, Satnav I use maybe 5 or 6 times a year.