Basic 12V Question

alexkoon

Reaction score
I have a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth set which I want to install into an A2. I tried previously using the ISO connectors supplied but this doesn't work with the Symphony II. I also did it manually and ignorantly used what I thought was the 12V switched. This seem to do something to the Symphony II which trapped the CD mecahnism and rendered it faulty. Luckily had it replaced under warranty. I found out that the 12V swicthed was in fact a CAN BUS line.

My question is how do get 12V swicthed and perm? Can I use the fuse box and connect to an empty fuse slot? How about ground? I was going to use a small spade connector and 'plug' it into an empty fuse slot. I have to find out which was switched 12V and which was perm 12V and just shove the spade plug in.

Any help appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

yes you can do it the way you said but.. why would u want the bluetooth on all the time...

could cause a flat battery at some point and 24/7 drain aint good.

there should be a remote to the b'tooth box which then switches the power on to the box and activates the live (12v)

as the same with an amp....

i have no experiance with the model you have so it may differ.. but should have the same concept..

The bluetooth needs a swicthed and a perm. It uses the perm for memory of voice tags and uses the switched for operation.

As far as I understand there isn't a switched supply on the Symph. II, so I would have thought you would have to take this from a switched supply in the fuse box. Without a switched supply the phone won't pair when starting the car etc.

Toby.