spacers /adapter plates S3/A3 Help!

bigshout

Reaction score
Could somebody either tell me the dimensions or provide me with a drawing of their adapter plates which I need to add my new 5 1/4 componets upfront in my car. I've been told the plastic autoleads one's are pants. Any help welcomed, I really want to install these this weekend!

I would if I could post a picture. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it over.
It's essentially a 2 part piece. Use 6mm MDF with a 4" cut out to attach to the door card with the original screws, and provides the seal round the speaker hole, then to this you attach 3mm MDF with a 5.25" cut out to allow you to mount the new speaker without it fouling the 4" hole.
The fit is pretty tight on one side so you'll end up with a strange shaped piece for each door, one being the mirror image of the other. I mae up some templates last time I did it otherwise it takes a while of trial and error to get the correct fit. The autoleads adapters are pants, as you say, like all their products, but they are useful to use as templates for the MDF version.