American and English ICE.....

I

imported_tobycruse

Just a little question here....
Head units from america and head units from the uk, are they the same?
I heard somewhere that the din connectors are different....
So for example if i bought Alpine Unit XX-1 in the uk would it be the same in every way as the XX-1 in the US?
(XX-1 is an example, its isnt there new 10" flip out, internet surfing, coffee making head unit!)

Thanks for your help!

I run a US spec Alpine 9835 in my car, the only differences are:

1) Tuner doesn't support RDS/EON so you wont get station names or traffic info interrupts
2) They dont ship with an ISO loom, separate wires

1 isn't an issue for me, hardly ever listen to the radio. You will need to change the tuner area on the HU though so it can tune in 0.5MHz increments.

2 is a pain if you're using std speakers, lots of wires to connect. If you're amped like me it's not too bad.

...oh and 3 - it'll be about £200 cheaper if you can get over there to pick it up and bring it back yourself and get forgetful when coming back through customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adam

...oh and 3 - it'll be about £200 cheaper if you can get over there to pick it up and bring it back yourself and get forgetful when coming back through customs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

A bit like we all do when we go shopping in the states /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif