Audi A3 8L Sound-System (Non Bose) Upgrade Advice Please...

Lingo89

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm considering upgrading the speakers on my 2002 A3, I'm currently running everything stock other than the fact that I changed the standard 'Audi Chorus' radio for an after-market system so that I can use SD-cards and Aux-in to run my iPod through. Whilst I'm really pleased with the radio I feel the standard speaker system is lacking bass. I'm not interested in a 'chavvy sub-woofer to wake the dead and is three times the size of my boot' system but I would like to improve the sound quality I get in my car. Where you guys recommend I start? is it an easy fix to fit the premium Bose speakers to my car? forgive my lack of knowledge in regards to this in advance, I really have very clue as to what I'm talking about when it comes to upgrading sound systems...

radiobeforev825.jpg

radioafterckdv.jpg

Upgrading the speakers will do nothing to add any bass. The speakers are mounted to a flimsy door card loosely clipped to the door so anything approaching bass is severely compromised. Best option is to fit one of my stealth subs:
dizzythedog.com

Upgrading the speakers will do nothing to add any bass. The speakers are mounted to a flimsy door card loosely clipped to the door so anything approaching bass is severely compromised. Best option is to fit one of my stealth subs:
dizzythedog.com

That sounds extremely enticing, the finish of that system looks absolutely OEM and the fact that it's stealth and doesn't take up boot space is ideal. I couldn't find a price on your website though? also on the site it says you'll have to run some wires, are these all easy to fit and hide? Thanks.

Only one wire, the power supply for the amp. All the details are in the PDF at the bottom of the web page.
Pricing depends on what bits you want from me or whether you want a complete kit.
The kit includes everything, sub and enclosure, V12 Alpine amp & power cables and RCA's.
PM me

Reactions: Lingo89
Hi guys im looking to get some spacers for the front speakers for my a38l could you point me in the right direction please.