Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Lightbulb BOSE SOUND SYSTEM - Headunit or just speakers

Hi All,

I have a BOSE SOUND STEREO upgrade in my car. It is the Symphony II headunit (with the Tape deck.. whats all that about).

What I wanted to do was put an original Audi SAT NAV in the car instead BUT cannot figure out if the "BOSE SOUND UPGRADE" is just the speakers or does this include something in the headunit?

Will putting in different Headunit affect the quality of the sound coming out of the speakers.... know what I mean.

Cheers

K

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It's just speakers and amp, so any head unit can be BOSE it's just coding and wiring that tells the HU it's connected to a BOSE system.

BahnStormer

Status
    kevin, I've had mine upgraded from a 1-din concert, to a 2-din RNS-E and kept the BOSE amp, sub abd speakers... all works well

Not so sure about non-OEM kit working with the BOSE though... I think some people have had problems with noise through the speakers (un-intended noise!).
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.