Phatnoise & Voices:

Davidb67

Reaction score
My music collection on my DMS is using all 3 voice styles that I have available on my system – the male phatnoise voice, female phatnoise voice, and “Microsoft sam”.
How can I get the whole DMS content to only use 1 voice style.
Some of the ablum/artist names come out weird, as I’m sure everyone has experienced: Aerosmith sounds like Arozmith; and Wheatus is wey-hey-I-tus!! I’ve tried calling the Wheatus album “Weetus” which seems to work! – is it necessary to play with the nametags of all artists or is there a better way?

BTW, I recently updated the firmware on my system (which worked fine, no issues) and now the options announced (eg “now browsing artist”) is voiced by a European female, previously it was an American male. I did not change anything myself – has this been a function of the firmware update?
I did note that in the options for selecting head unit type this time, none of the head units are NAMED now, instead they are “radio type A; B; C – according to the manual, my Audi Concert II is now radio type D – is this normal or have I done something wrong?

TIA