Glovebox changer won't turn off

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Hi.
I finally got round to retro fitting a standard Audi glovebox changer today. I got the lead from a scrap yard, but as it was pre wired into the car, I had to cut off the stereo end.
I've spiced a new blue mini ISO connector on with help from another short lead I have for reference and a pinout diagram from the internet, and it works fine. Only problem is, is that the lights on the cd changer don't go off when the RNS-E head unit turns off. I've had to unplug the changer as I don't know what sort of power consumption this has and obviously don't want to flatten my battery.
Can anyone shed any light on what I may have done wrong?
Cheers

MMM

the changer has both constant 12v (so you can eject the cartridge with the HU off) and a switched live to turn it fully on with the HU. You need to check you have these round the right way. Are you sure the lights stay on when the car is locked and left for a few minutes?
Many of the electrics stay live until a few minutes after the car is locked.

Thanks for the reply Andy.
You're right. It turns out that it does indeed go off a minute or two after locking the car. It also comes straight back on when I unlock it again. It perfectly coincides with the faint hissing from the speakers that I get for a few minutes. Must be something to do with the RNS-E.

Thanks again mate,

MMM

The RNS-E will shutdown when you lock the car as well, Audi's wake everything up when you unlock the car with the keyfob ready for you to get in and turn the ignition.

Same in reverse, everything stays in an alert state until you press the keyfob to lock the car. Then it shuts everything down.