aftermarket headunit a4 cabriolet

danrix86

Reaction score
new to all this so help appreciated

bought my 55 plate a4 s line cabriolet a couple of months ago and my symphony 2 unit has packed up alltogether. going to be replacing with an rns when saved up some cash but in the mean have a kenwood headunit i want to put in to tide me over as no music is a real pain.

need to know which aerial adapter i need and also which harness adapter. the smallest of the two black plugs on my audi fits the kenwood unit but it doesnt power up.

not sure if my system is fully amplified ect all i know is it use to say bose on the headunit when turned on and it says bose on the front and rear speaker grills.

pictures of what i have can be found here Pictures by danrix86 - Photobucket

any help will be gratly appreciated.

Last edited:
You have the ISO connectors with fully amped Bose system.
So you'll need
PC9-404 (provided the Kenwood has front & rear RCA's)
Audi active wiring adaptor Fitting Adaptor - Car Audio Direct
This aerial adapter (just connects to ISO aerial, the other connector leave disconnected)
CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor - Install Adaptors
and then the relevant fascia adapter
The HU won't power up as you only have a single 12v feed on the Audi loom. You either need to pair the ignition on with the perm live on the Kenwood and turn HU on/off manually or wire in a proper ignition on feed from the fusebox.

thanks very much for your help ill get it stuck to tide me over.
sorry if im being thick but where does the blue wire on the aerial adapter go?
as i said earlier will be looking for a good rns unit in a couple of weeks when got sum cash together. any one know where to start looking?
or does anyone have one? got a symphony 2 which eats cds if any one repairs them any wants it for a small px.
very impressed with how well this works, been trawling the net hours trying to find out what i needed and halfords ect dident have a clue either. thanks very much

blue wire connects to the power antenna feed from the kenwood (which switches it on/off with the HU)