Chris NottVolks Autos
    Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation Aftermarket Stereo (A3 8L 2001) ??

I want to fit an aftermarket stereo in my A3 but there is so many choices when it comes to fascia's and iso leads.

I think i know what fascia i need now but can someone please help me out with what iso i need

From what i can see, it looks like I've already got iso leads on the car but there is a third lead.

Here are some pictures of the stereo I've got:

Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The above pic shows that the stock head unit directly feeds the front door speakers.

If your car has rear speakers, then you will need an adaptor cable to go from that third plug, to the RCA Pre-outs on your new headunit, as the rear speakers have their own amplifier.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC ÂŁ999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Thanks for the reply

So would this be the iso i would need?

All the iso’s cables that have rca plugs say they are for bose head units but my one is the non bose.
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Thanks for the reply

So would this be the iso i would need?

All the iso’s cables that have rca plugs say they are for bose head units but my one is the non bose.

Status
    PC9 404 is what you need forget the descriptions, they never get it right. Rear amplified Bose doesn't actually exist, all Audi systems are rear amplified, Bose is fully amplified. The adapters work with either just depends whether you get front & rear RCA's or just rear.
    Autoleads PC9-404 Audi Harness Adaptor (RCA, non-BOSE) Ł5.88 including VAT. PC9404. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    PC9 404 is what you need forget the descriptions, they never get it right. Rear amplified Bose doesn't actually exist, all Audi systems are rear amplified, Bose is fully amplified. The adapters work with either just depends whether you get front & rear RCA's or just rear.
    Autoleads PC9-404 Audi Harness Adaptor (RCA, non-BOSE) Ł5.88 including VAT. PC9404. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express

Thanks mate

That site looks really good, i think ill be able to get everything there