rumble from sub.

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Iv noticed a rumble from my anymac sub when on 0 volume. Is there any distance an amp needs to be away from a speaker because at the moment its fairly close. Other things im considering is the amp is on its way out, or the RCA cable is breaking down ( i have used it in a few installs). Suppose if i disconnect rcas i could eliminate it?? Any ideas from you pro's would be good, cheers

Is it running off the stock HU? if so is the feed from the Bose connector?
The amp can be as close as you like, so it won't be that.

no its all running from a alpine unit now andy. Iv used the loom for the remote switch but the amp has dedicated RCA lead from HU. So im thinking it may be the RCA lead, noticed that since i did ther install the bass has been increasing and decreasing randomly, maybe one of the lines is damaged

Poor Earth on the amp and poor signal cable would result in that - especially if it happens more on turn on / off.
Shakey rumble when on and a pop when turned off.

A humming is usually from interferance, which is normally down to poor quality Phono Leads.

Poor Earth on the amp and poor signal cable would result in that - especially if it happens more on turn on / off.
Shakey rumble when on and a pop when turned off.

A humming is usually from interferance, which is normally down to poor quality Phono Leads.

Cheers ballbag.

It's a constant rumble. You don't notice it until you in the boot with ear by the sub. Turning on and off makes no different noises. I think decent phono's are worth a shot then...