8" stealth sub install

oilyaudi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought I'd put up some pics of my speaker upgrade and sub installation.

new 5 1/4" pioneer components and crossover in door card

2403-img-1128.jpg

I wanted an AndyMac type stealth sub, but wanted a 8" sub, so
Here's my first effort
moz-screenshot.png

2404-img-1143.jpg

I had made the enlosure approx the same size as the original sub size, as you can see an 8" subwoofer wasn't going to fit. i'd also made the enlosure from 12mm MDF NOT GOOD.

Enclosure number2

2405-img-1151.jpg

This one was made from 18mm MDF and quite a lot bigger to house the 8" sub.

Compared to OEM

2406-img-1160.jpg

Unfortuneately I had made the enclosure around 10mm too wide DOHH!!! This meant I couldn't get the LH side boot panel on. Double DOHHH.

3rd attempt With JL subwoofer fitted

2401-img-1188.jpg

After filling my garage with MDF sawdust I'd finally managed to build and fit my sub.

The amp was a Kenwood with Tri-mode. This was wired to drive the sub and rear speakers

2399-img-1183.jpg

Amp fitted behind rear speaker panel

2400-img-1186.jpg

I also fitted new rear component speakers and mounted the tweeters in the rear boot side panels

2402-img-1190.jpg

All in all a lot of hard work, but well worth the effort. I'm really pleased so far, great sense of achievment and now a great sounding system with the standard symphony head.
I still haven't set up the amp correctly as I dont want to damage the sub. Any advice on setting up the system would be gratefully received.

You will have to upload your pictures to photobucket or such then link them back to the thread....