Becker Installation problems ... Help!?!

fireflyfx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished installing Becker GP 7992 in A3 8L, but got few problems..

1. No sound from rear speakers/sub

2. Unit wont switch off properly- On/off light and rotary lights stay on when the unit is off. Think it's because I've paired the switched and permanent positives.. (ie permanent from audi loom going into both +ves on the becker) Should I ditch this and just connect to permanent on the becker? or switched?

Thanks, any help appreciated

Last edited:
To get the rear/sub amp working you need to move one wire on the Audi loom.
At the moment the amp is not getting the 12v trigger to tell it the HU is on.
You need to move the 12v trigger from it's current position of Socket C1 position 6 (shown below) to Socket A position 5.
Easiest way to do this is to piggyback the current wire and link it to the new location. If there is no pin to link it to on A5 then buy an ISO male/female mini harness which is fully populated so you can plug the Audi plug into one end and the Becker into the other and chop the A5 wire and link it to the C1/6 pin on the Audi loom.
Beckerwiring.jpg

The back lighting remaining on is as you say due to the lack of a switched live on the Audi loom. Either wire one in from the fusebox or buy a CANBUS emulator to provide it from the CANBUS loom.

Ok thanks, A5 does have a pin in it.. easiest just to cut wire going to C1/pos6 and crimp it directly into A5?

Also how do I go about wiring in from fusebox? Scotch lock? Do i have to drop the dash or remove panels?

Last edited:
Yes just piggyback onto the back the fuse that gives you a switched live.
You just release the fusebox by removing a couple of screws and it drops forward. 5 minute job

Miracle.. Everything works perfectly! Thanks for the tips. Ended up using the s-contact fuse which is number 10 in my fuse box.

Sound quality has improved massively. Much less harsh at high volumes, less distortion, better clarity.

Next question: Should I wire up the rears directly to the head unit, seeing as how it improved things up front? Would the sub still work?

The sub will still work, but it will struggle to keep up with the additional power going to the cabin speakers and you won't be able to fade to rear to balance it. Only rewire them to the HU if you are going to upgrade the sub. The Becker does have a sub pre-out, so you could use that, and whack up the sub level which might compensate, but don't know how much control you have on the Becker.