2001 Audi A3 - Concert CD Player not turning on after replaced

mattyv33

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m currently in the process of selling my 2001 A3 1.9TDI – I installed a kenwood cd player a few months ago with an Autoleads lead which I took out yesterday.

I conencted the leads into the back of the OEM concert CD player and for some reason nothing happens when I turn it on?

It worked fine before I took it out so not sure why its not turning on now.

Can anyone help please, its really annoying !

Thanks,

Matt

Can you post a pic of the wiring?
You would have used an adapter when you installed the Kenwood, this now needs to be removed.

I've taken the adapter out and am just connecting the 3 blocks from the car to the concert, there's a yellow wire into the back of the concert too.

I'll take a pic at lunch - thanks for the quick reply!

Here are the pics of the headunit and wiring

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

Is the yellow wire connected to the permanent live?
You would have needed to provide 2 x 12v feeds to the Kenwood, whereas the Concert only needs one as it uses the CANBUS to tell it when the ignition is on. You may have 12v connected to a pin on the concert that shouldn't have anything on it. Also I presume you have checked the fuse on the back of the HU and the fuse at the fusebox?

Maybe take a pic that actually shows the wiring and not the antenna connection?

Have checked the fuses which are ok - will take a better pic, 1 second

That wiring is fine. Can you check that the perm live (red with white stripe) is getting 12v?
If it is then the HU should turn on manually without the ignition on (it will then turn off after an hour)
If it doesn't unplug everything and just plug the black power ISO in and see if it powers up.
If there is no 12v then you need to recheck the fuse in the fusebox

Thanks ill try that, haven't got a multi meter though unfortunately

Strange though as the Kenwood turned on fine before I took it out so must be getting power?

Plugging the old Concert back in could have caused a fuse to blow, just buy a 12v testing screwdriver from Halfords, they are only £3