Removing Alpine head unit and installing OEM Concert II HU

SiGainey

Reaction score
Hi, I've done a quick search but couldn't find anything - I've just bought an 8L S3 and am trying to remove the rubbish head unit that was there and put back in a Concert II CD player... I've got the old HU out and have power to the head unit but no sound. I've got BOSE installed and there's a random box of gubbins in there (see below) which has a speaker connectors coming out of it and a blue / white striped wire.

51064c02.jpg

I guess this is the remote on which needs 12v to tell the amp to switch on. Where are people taking this from - I'd have normally used those switched live red / yellow wires but there aren't any, so was kinda expecting somewhere I could use in the OEM connectors.

Also, there's a random (which I guess is an earthing wire) that can be seen below - any ideas where this should go?
TIA :)

6aaa6919.jpg

Last edited:
Remove the random box of gubbins (it's a hi-lo converter for the Alpine to feed the Bose amp), plug the now spare black connector on the Audi loom into the top connector on the concert (which has it's own remote on), and plug the earth lead onto the spare terminal on the back of the Concert and you're done.