8L S3 non Bose - simply replace existing speakers

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Hiya guys....i know this has been done a million times before, this time though i am looking to do the lest work at the least expense. Theory being that i dont know how long im goona keep this car and am reluctant to spend money knowing it will be lost.

My standard speakers have started making a tinny noise when playing through my parrot mki9200 from the ipod, currently the parrots line outs feed into a connect2 cd converter into the symphony HU.....

My options are either to just direct replace the speakers (and 2 front door mounted tweeters??)with some replacements units for which i understand ill need MDF inserts at the front only? ..... but then im also thinking that i have a load of nice thick wiring sat around from a previous car so why not rewire whilst im at it.....this then opens up to, do i replace the rear amp in the base box for a cheap but better option? or do i buy a proper amp (cheap) and run my line outs from the parrot into this......decisions decisions which are making my head hurt

I just want a system i can use without tinny noises..... yet not having to replace my HU

any help is good help :)

cheers fella, i did read that, noticed however that yours is bose which means it has one central amp, mine has amp in boot feeding to two speakers, the fronts go direct to HU so slightly different set up

cheers fella, i did read that, noticed however that yours is bose which means it has one central amp, mine has amp in boot feeding to two speakers, the fronts go direct to HU so slightly different set up

But similar in one major way though Tim... Both are sh*te!

Cheers,

agreed mate ;)

but its a case of going nuts deep or sticking some tinsel around the parts that work.....