B5 front speaker options!

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Ok, im gonna be changing the front speakers in the trusty B5 and want to know what you guys have had the best success with etc.

Im not going down the route of door builds etc and know i will need to make adaptor collars.

But what sizes, depths, makes etc have given best results??

They will be amped up and im looking for components rather than dual cones or axials!

What works guys?

iv found it hard to find reviews etc of specific speakers. People seem to rave about the rainbow SLX series speakers. But at around £150 for a front set I decided to try a slightly cheaper option. Iv just place an order for a set of 5.25" vibe blackair 6 components and a set of blackair 6x9's for the rear, read a few good things about them so thought Id give them a try. I think half the problem is the install, Got to make sure there is plenty of sound deadening and the speak is well fix and taped in.

I think you just have to take the plunge and make your own decisions on speaker choice, chances are if the RMS rating is good, they will sound ok. Atleast thats what iv done... hope it pays off.

vibe black air 125mm comps here, sound good IMHO. I like a clear bright sound. Have a listen next time we pop over mate.

I have them amped with the std rears OEM amp bypassed and then amped from the 6channel.

It's not saxo stylie, but certainly loud and clear enough for videos and mp3s

hmmmm cheers guys.....looking at the Raindow IQ line....but your right i have also heard good things about the SLX range.

All im concerned about i suppose is mounting depth more than diameters.

Have always loved JBL car kit but I know they tend to be quite bulky.

vibe black air 125mm comps here, sound good IMHO. I like a clear bright sound. Have a listen next time we pop over mate.

I have them amped with the std rears OEM amp bypassed and then amped from the 6channel.

It's not saxo stylie, but certainly loud and clear enough for videos and mp3s

good to know. I wont be powering mine with an amp to begin with, although the option is there. Do you think they provide a decent amount of midrange bass?