6 CD changer!

Mcgough

Reaction score
Bought a second hand 6 Cd changer - with no instuctions!!

Just a comfermation on wires from any one who has fitted one!

1) Ive got a single core blue cable from the changer 6" long - guessing this is the earth

2) ive got a multi core black cable from the changer which splits off into a yellow cable with a fuse 3AMP - Power cable i guess and.......

.......A blue plug- with orange, red, brown, blue, green and 3 blacks in it! - straight into back of sat nav, when i get it or standard unit i guess but - whats all the cables for!

Changer is a panasonic from a A6, ive got a A4!

Also which is the easiest side to run the Amp cable too the boot - id like to run the changer on the opposite side?

McGough all you do is spend money on your motor m8!!! You a lottery winner or just spend all your wages on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

No idea on the CD changer, should be just a straight plug & play. Do you have the pre-installed CD changer bus lead? It should be knocking around in the bottom of the tool kit box on the lefthand side (depending on model).
The power cable is easily run along the drivers side as the easiest option through the bulkhead is through the ECU. The ECU already has a rubber grommet that's unused and if you prise the top up enough to see inside you can see a huge hole dropping straight into the drivers footwell. You don't need to take out the back screw (which is really hard to get to).

[ QUOTE ]
CJ B6 2.0 said:
McGough all you do is spend money on your motor m8!!! You a lottery winner or just spend all your wages on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing is, he's car has been more at the local stealers than on the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yea cheers lads for the coments, i thought about stripping the curtosy car actually!

And yea i spend at lot off money on all my cars!!