Pioneer AVIC-F920BT Install into a S3 (2007) 8P

haywoon

Reaction score
Website
www.944virgin.com
Much to the surprise of many I didn't like the RNS-E (2007 model unit) which was in my S3 so it has been removed and replaced with this. The car has the Audi Bose in.

Granted, not as nice to look at as the OEM solution, however, I'm pleased with it - the look is helped by using the Pioneer "rubberised surround" which really does blend in very well with the other plastic around it.

Big thanks to In Car Electronix of Loughborough for the install - they delivered exactly what they promised, very pleased with their service. Just need to wipe the grubby marks off which have been highlighted by the flash gun on my camera :blush:

Next decision - sell the RNS-E and recoup a bit of cash....or, keep it and fit it back in come selling time :unsure:

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

If do want to sell the RNS-E, let me know please :icon_thumright:

Looking sweet!!! if you don't mind how much did it cost & Install? As i want to up grade my concert double din as it don't like copy cd's & need to hook up my iphone/ipod!

Looking sweet!!! if you don't mind how much did it cost & Install? As i want to up grade my concert double din as it don't like copy cd's & need to hook up my iphone/ipod!

You can get the head unit from a variety of on line places....Amazon for example

Pioneer AVIC-920BT Multimedia Station Double Din: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

They are around the £750 mark but you will then have to allow for the rubberised facia plate and the IPOD/Iphone cable (which is hidden nicely in the tray under the climate controls) and for the adaptor to connect it to the Audi system (I have Bose).

All in mine came in a shade over a grand fitted and as I bought from a Pioneer main dealer you get a three year warranty also.

Mitch why not consider the later rns mk2 unit that can have AMI with proper ipod connectivity, it does come at a cost mind you but is fairly decent aswell.

They didnt make the mk2 for the a4 but I can make that happen.

Haywoon, well done matey that looks pretty good. And how does the sound compare when playing a CD?

Haywoon, well done matey that looks pretty good. And how does the sound compare when playing a CD?

Cheers dude.

It sounds great - its a little different in how it sounds to the RNS but there are so many different settings on the pioneer I need to have a play around. I wouldnt say it sounds any better or any worse to be honest.....although Im a drummer and my ears aint so good any more !!

Looking forward to a few hours messing around with the thing. It pairs to my iPhone with no issues, skips tracks with no issues (there were concerns of a popping noise when skipping tracks).

If I had one complaint it would be the volume control - I'd have preferred a volume knob instead of the up and down rocker switch as its quicker and easier to operate (I dont have multi function steering wheel but MAY rectify that in a few months and buy a flat bottomed multi function jobby and integrate the pioneer to it).

I thought drumming was expensive but its got nowt on an S3 !

Mitch why not consider the later rns mk2 unit that can have AMI with proper ipod connectivity, it does come at a cost mind you but is fairly decent aswell.

They didnt make the mk2 for the a4 but I can make that happen.

Possible but i would like an all singing dancing and i wanna put 2 8" in the boot as well....

Possible but i would like an all singing dancing and i wanna put 2 8" in the boot as well....

Here some pics of mine for you Mitch - i run the 910bt, should have the rear screens in this winter!

DSC_0253.jpg

PICT1402.jpg

DSC_0900-1.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

Here some pics of mine for you Mitch - i run the 910bt, should have the rear screens in this winter!

DSC_0253.jpg

PICT1402.jpg

DSC_0900-1.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

Thanks Chris..... i hope you're holding on to those subs for me until after the new year!! Lol

Oh and my daughters asked when am i puting a tv in the back for her!! so once i've seen you're set up will be bending you're ear!

Oh and my daughters asked when am i puting a tv in the back for her!! so once i've seen you're set up will be bending you're ear!

For sure mate! We'll have to meet up sometime in the new year and I'll show you - there are quite a few shows next year which are within easy reach

For sure mate! We'll have to meet up sometime in the new year and I'll show you - there are quite a few shows next year which are within easy reach

Definately! let me know dates and venues will roll up and catch up...