cd error 3 on symphony II head unit??

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
just picked up my new s3 and was listening to some cds. all was well untill i changed the cd and it jammed or something.. and then said 'error 3'

now the cd player wont do anything.. wont eject, swap cds, play...nothing.. just comes back to saying error 3 after about 20 seconds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

help

this means the cd is upside down..

but i dont think your that stuipid.

and it also means that the head unit now needs a new laser if this happens all the time...

sorry fella....

cd isnt upsidedown as it was playing fine.. i then selected a different cd and then went back to number 1 again and it all froze.

i reckon its just jammed up?? why would a foulty lazer mean that none of the cds will eject or anything

can i get to the mechanism easy if i get the HU out?

ta

dont think you understand... this is the symphony2 head unit with the built in cd changer.. it was working fine then i pressed the button to change cds..you heard it working.. then said error 3.

no when you turn the unit off and on you hear the cd changer trying to do something but then just says error 3.

cant eject any of the 5 cds in there or move from disc to disc

how do i get the head unit out?

oops sorry didn't read your post properly!

Yeah it does sound like its jammed!

You can buy the removal tools from Audi or you can get some from halfords.

Have a look in this forum as removing the HU has been discussed before.

Good luck
Rich.

i just clicked the HU back in place.... ****** jams up again about 20 mins later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif not a good start... bags of understeer and no music.. this s3 wont be around long at this rate

jedi... understeer?

u must be putting the power down in the wrong places...

mines got loads if you put the power down at points but if you learn what makes it understeer then you can avoid it and use it to get the best out your car.

The symphony units go on ebay from time to time.

Other than that, if you do take the Audi warranty out, would such a thing be covered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I know if my cd kept getting stuck i'd be straight round to audi asking for a unit under warranty.

its worse this time though... i cant actually get the cds out!

if i was to buy a non bose HU can i code it myself for bose? i have the free version of vag com but my friend has the full version

mines just done exactly the same!!

did you ever cure the problem?