USB HDD for audi AMI

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Now I have looked over the net for a proper resource on this, and there really isnt one.

I have just bought an S5. And it has a 2G MMI system, with AMI in the glove box.
So far, I have tried 3 brads of USB HDD on it, all formatted to FAT32, all Bus powered as per Audi instructions.

None have worked.

Also, there are loads of people getting caught out by this. Audi have released a 250GB branded HDD that works. but it's £70 for 250GB. Which is a bit steep. But not out of the realms of possibility. Problem is, I have loads at home and don't need another one. And according to audi handbook, they should all work!

Anyone have any exp here?

A :banghead:

I have now managed to fix this!

My mate has written a piece of software that reformats the drive (up to 1TB so far)
and allows the AMI MMI to view and access it.

Also, it seem allot faster than the Audi Original one too, I reformatted it using his software and it too became very slick indeed.

Long storey short, If you want a 250GB HDD for your Audi let me know, it's £49 + postage.

Anything to help, as I'm not sure I could live without mine now :yahoo:

I have a 2010 A5. I formatted my WD My Passport 500GB drive to FAT32 with this utility in about 10 seconds

Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Have had some success insomuch as I have 350GB of music on there split into alpha sub-directories A-Z by Artist and Album. At the moment the AMI recognises 103GB. It sees folders A-Z but after 441 folders and 5130 files it then says that there are no playable files.

Anyone know how to best structure the music so the folder/file limit can be overcome?

Shaun