Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    VAG Addict

Status

Parrot Kit's - Anyone in the Surrey area able to help with fitting?

Hi there,

Our Avant came with a Bury phone kit but after a bit of messing around I have have discovered that the mute kit was causing the Bose amp to not function. Therefore, I am now considering removing it all together and replacing with a Parrot ck3100.

I've been quoted Ł335 for the kit and fitting but was thinking it may be something I can fit myself. Is anyone able to help me with this or advise?

Many thanks
    Last edited by dubdemand; 28th August 2010 at 14:27.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG Addict

Status
    not exactly an overwhelming response! any suggestions would be appreciated...

Neutral

Status
    Am nowhere near you but it's quite easy if you've got rudimentary wiring skills. Hardest bit will be working out where to put the display thingamabob. Getting the mic up near the courtesy light is also easy, use a blunt flat object to shove the wire into the trim and go over the top of the glovebox. There will likely be 2 ways of wiring it up, one using the built in "amp" in the car kit which hijacks anything else in the car in an attempt at making bluetooth transmission of music from your mobile phone semi-audible and the better way which uses the mute wire and mono audio in on your headunit. That's if it's similar to the Parrot kit I sold to buy the proper Audi Bluetooth module.
    '04 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro LE - Retrofitted: RNS-E, Bluetooth, front centre ambient lights, full DIS, cruise control, alcantara steering wheel, more to follow....

Gone but not forgotten - '98 A3 1.6 SE, '01 S3, '01 A4 1.8T Quattro SE, '02 TTC 225, '04 A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Before you jump to Parrot, what radio you got atm?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK