a3 / s3 head unit options

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
sorry... more questions.. im still trying to get my head around the options though

head units...

Chorus = single din, wider than standard.... what else??

concert = single din, wider than standard HU, tape and raido with cd changer input
concert II = as above but with single cd slot

symphony = double din, wider than standard HU, tape, cd and radio with cd changer input
symphony II = as above but with 6 disc changer built in

is that correct and are they interchangable???

what on the dash of the s3 / a3 was lost to make space for the double din?

i want to plug my MD player in so i really need a tape player so i can use one of those tape adapters...unless there is another way??

thanks in adnvace..

also any pics of each of the head units in the car would help me understand it all!! thanks

you just get a space underneath when you only have single cd player and climate,

cheers... so is swapping from a single din concert to a double din symphony a very big job?

i guess when buying the symphony from ebay it will come with the cage.. but then what about the climate controls?

Jedi, I was wrong on the symphony info. Not all symphonys have the inbuilt cd changer. Some just have a single cd and tape player, but may have a cd changer in the boot as well. Probably best to confirm with the owner when you see a car you like.