Sky InsuranceBadger5

Thread: XCARLINK

Neutral

Status

XCARLINK

XCARLINK

How hard is it to fit one of these Gizmo's? Into an Audi A3 99 plate. Currently have just a tape deck standard HU but want to use my ipod without using the dreaded cassete adapter with the fiddly temperamental wire.

Is there drilling involved? Could a noob fit this? Any FAQ's or instructions available?

Cheers people.

Ps. I only need to use ipod no need for any phone/blue tooth etc so it XCARLINK the cheapest bet?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Really easy fit mate.

Head unit out, connect to the CD changer port, earth up to back of the head unit (one screw used for current earth), place xcarlink box behind head unit, feed ipod connector down the back of the dash and out where you want it, put head unit back in and your done!!
    2001 S3 - Ming Blue, Bose + AndyMac Stealth Sub + XCarlink iPod Interface with Bluetooth, Forge 007 (Yellow Spring), Green Cotton Panel Filter, Angel Tuning Remap, Milltek Cat-Back Resonated, Parking Sensors & Full Black Leather Nappa Recaros with Piano Black Trim.

5th Gear

Status
    with what he said. Dead easy, although you must be careful to push the HU out from behind and not pull it out with the removal keys, as it's real easy to damsge the clips.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

1st Gear

Status
    i have one of these for my sig car, & a itouch 3rd gen 64gb ipod.

it is the rns-e one off them, it worked for a few min then when my 3200ls parrot kit rang or i needed to make a call, the music stopped like it should.
    however when the call ended the music started after a 5sec delay & then after a 20 min delay then after a hour delay......... .

so i got the 2 earth points moved & retested but it only now picks up the ipod lead, no music or track listing in the cd changer part on my rns-e.... .

but i told them by a ticket system only as they do not do phone support !!! ;(, & i am sending it back to day for a new swap out if it is faulty there end !!.

if not i will get my money back as it is not right for me,,,,,, gutted as the idea sounds so good !!.

oh well it might be a faulty device.

have fun easy to fit & use, just need a fully working one.

2004 AUDI A4 2496 cc 2.5 TDI 180 Quattro Sport
    Metallic Silver, RNS-E Audi dvd Sat Nav ( 2010 dvd disk ) + muti CD Player, Parrot ls3200 Bluetooth Phone kit, 6 Speed, 4 Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors ( not elec folding ), Cruise Control, Nice Alloy Wheels, Colour DIS, Colour Keyed Body, Full audi Service History, Maintained Regardless Of Cost, Tinted Windows, Aero Wipers, inside red light kit ( audi ) + Puddle lights & Footwell light too, HID's.

Neutral

Status
    use code 'audisport' to get 10% off!
    2001 A3 1.8T TQS
    1998 A8 2.8 Auto