headrest screens

installer69

Reaction score
Anyone able to personally recommend somewhere to fit a couple of screens in the headrests of my RS6. I'd need to see their leather work, of course, but I can't find anywhere at the moment.

Cheers.

I'm in the same situation with my s4.

Is it worth someone travelling to our neck of the woods for two jobs?

I saw a X5 with these in the otherday and was dead envious.

How are you feeding these screen Installer69?

I'll speak to a local ICE shop to see if they have done this - they have a pic in the window showing a screen, so fingers crossed

Spoken to the local shop who assure me that all their work is with leather and it is £500 plus vat per screen supplied and fitted.

They mill out the bars where possible to make this "invisible"

How does this sound?

The screen are amiba? or sentor? and are 5.8 inches with black surrounds - i wanted grey screen ideally.

DVD player is £170 plus £35 per hour fitting all plus vat again.

So looking at the dark side of £1500 in vat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

I trawled the web to find details of the aux in lead to take advantage of the aux1/aux2 inputs which are, as you say, on the rear of the nav box in the boot.

You can buy them ready made but as the plastic plug is already there, all you need is the pins which can be ordered from audi or a pc shop. Same as the signal ones to a cd drive.

I'll see if I can find the sites again but I didn't book-mark them.

The nav unit does not, as far as I have been able to find, have an aux out, so you cannot send tv anywhere. You would have to get another tv tuner. Anyway, the tv reception round her is average at best even in your house!

yes, 2 plus an av in (3 rca) and a coaxial digital out! It comes with a credit card remote and a remote pick up.

No way of running headphones though.

If your buying tvs then look around!!

NECVOX, TVs are the best 4-13" LCD monitors(TV's) ive used for installs, centurion are expensive for what they are as there viewing angle is limited, the necvox units have a wide viewing angle, smaller over all size ie from edge of screen to edge of unit, and they are slim and can be flush mounted easily, with adpater that comes with them.

They start at £130 - £1000 about £135 for a decent 5.6" unit, and £450 for drop down, ive got loads in my car if any one wants to view them!

[ QUOTE ]
installer69 said:
yes, 2 plus an av in (3 rca) and a coaxial digital out! It comes with a credit card remote and a remote pick up.

No way of running headphones though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that give one to the sat nav and one to split to the two rear screens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Now do I attempt to fit the head rest my self or get pay £200+ for someone else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
ive got loads in my car if any one wants to view them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show us some pics then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
npfe said:
So that give one to the sat nav and one to split to the two rear screens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use interface 1206:

1206.jpg

It allows, and I quote "Two screens (PAL) for the back seat passengers can be connected to the original AUDI/VW TV tuner with the 54 pole connector."

I am waiting for a reply from my email but I think this means that you could feed the dvd in to the nav+ then display it on the front and rear screens and could also feed the tv pic to the rears as well! Then use the second av out on the dvd to feed a second av in on the rear screens (obviously you'd have to get screens with 2 inputs - some have) and the rear screens can display dvd while you listen to muzac. But we still have the headphone problem then. We need an rca to infrared headphone adaptor.

As to self install - I did in my old A4 and it never looked right.

They've had the car for 3 of its 4 weeks!! I see that audi quality hasn't improved since I got my crap S4.

Will they give you a 75% contribution towards the vehicles depreciation for the first month?

They'll probably tell you that the non-standard additions have impaired the vehicles performance and invalidated the waranty.

yea mate well im looking for answers on dealer disscusion, check it out! so good things on there!

you could try www.unbeatableaudio.co.uk at redhill in surrey, ice installers who will do it for cheaper and have done some top jobs, check out their gallery on www.torquesystems.co.uk

centurion single din dvd/mp3/cd players are only £85 new off ebay and you can stick it under the seat or whatever, again that is very easy to fit.

i have headrest screens in leather on my mondeo, trimming wasnt necessary they were just cut (and the edges tucked into the hole) and the necvox screen trim covers it all

"ive got loads in my car if any one wants to view them!

Well kris any photos of the loads of screens in your car as you have now got the car back?

Erm didnt acually get the car back til christmas eve! if you could help with my LCD TV/computer monitor problem ill take some pics straight away and get them loaded up but at the moment i aint got a monitor that i can read properly so thought it would be cool to buy wireless keyboard and mouse and turn my TV into the monitor - but once plugged in it doesnt work??

Just a question how did you manage to post the above if you have not got a monitor?

And by the way is the car finally sorted now?

using my Tablet PC - i use for work, it has no cd drive or A drive on it so cant get pics on!

Yea theres a USB, but need another computer to upload software onto it, and girls at work wont do it- cause if i get found out! - still got my games and stuff loaded for the boring times at work!!

Anyone know how to do the TV - into monitor trick then - do i have to download drivers or sumthing ???

If your using a digital camera surely the pics will automatically upload through USB! What exactly do you have and what would you like it do to m8?

Just spent the weekend away with the Kids now rrally need to get these screens in, even if just working of a PC/DVD player.

Please please please post some pics guys

cheers

ronny, how did u get microsoft to work on your tv screen in your car?? does your screen in your car work like a pc i.e you can get windows media player and other programs loaded onto it??
thank you

[ QUOTE ]
ronny, how did u get microsoft to work on your tv screen in your car?? does your screen in your car work like a pc i.e you can get windows media player and other programs loaded onto it??
thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I had a PC in the boot running windows XP, all my MP3's/Sat-nav/Video's etc all sat on a 100Gb hdd, the signal was then pushed through a Nvidia Geforce card using TV out to the rear screens, split 2 ways, and the front screen was a Touch Screen which connected to your normal VGA out. also the front and rear screens were connected to a DVD/Video player in the boot which you could run on a seperate AUX line, all the sound came out of the Audi standard Speakers I just tapped into the loom.

www.fsplanes.net is my personal site, it shows you some stuff on there, in pictures.

www.mp3car.com has all the info you need for carputers

see it in action here http://www.fsplanes.net/mediaengine.wmv 12mb

thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif