CONFUSED.COM...LOL

mary_q

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm having HU issues with standard HU in Audi A3 1.8s 1999 plate.

I have the volume issue that from what I've read seems very common. So I found a company (from another thread of this forum) that will reprogramme it and send it back for 140gbp inclusive.

This work is guaranteed for 2 years which is nice to have peace of mind etc.

But I wanna use my IPOD and Andy (the audi guru);) has suggested I use an xcarlink. I didn't even know what one of these things was but after reading it seems just what i need. But everywhere I've seen them they cost a bomb. Do any of you know the best place to pick one up and what sort of price i should be looking to pay?

I don't have a cd player, don't need a usb bit only the aux for ipod. I'm not sure if I have the bose system, but from my car spec as above guessing you lot will probably know already?

Thanks in advance.

MQ

Check ebay for Stafford Audi as they may have new/refurb units for £99 as I got ages ago for my S3 or buy one of ebay as £140 is way to much, I'd sell the unit with fault & buy another.

You can also get a Connects2 adapter if all you want is AUX In, they are about £30 delivered

I called up Audi Stafford and also my local one. They can't offer refurbed HU's and want over 400 pounds for the hu :(

Also the guy checked their system and said my car should have a cd player in it as it did when it left the factory.

But when I bought it, its got a tape deck in it... weird eh.

So yeah im still after a HU. This volume issue is killing my driving pleasure.

Any ideas on wehre else I mgiht get one?

I called up Audi Stafford and also my local one. They can't offer refurbed HU's and want over 400 pounds for the hu :(

Also the guy checked their system and said my car should have a cd player in it as it did when it left the factory.

But when I bought it, its got a tape deck in it... weird eh.

So yeah im still after a HU. This volume issue is killing my driving pleasure.

Any ideas on wehre else I mgiht get one?

Urmm thats strange as they used to sell them all the time & cheap too on ebay that is, mine was flawless from them.

ebay really is your best place, pay with paypal then will be covered.