sat nav plus upgrade!! help needed urgent (please)

I

imported_Tariq

I'm about to purchase a sat nav plus from an s8. Its got everything with it including antennas, wiring loom and tv tuner and even a 6 disk changer. plus to top it off some route map cd's : )

But i'm worried it wont fit in my car!! I've currently got an a3 facelift. Its got a standard analogue heater control unit and a concert headunit (fried)

Would this be an easy fit and what other things would i need?

Cheers

Tariq

Hi tariq, i'm thinking about fitting satnav+ to my s3 and i've been doing a bit of research on it. Things that i've found out which are relevant to your situation:

1) If you don't have the double din headunit space (symphony stereo) then you will need to get a double din metal cradle and relocate the climate controls to the bottom part of the centre console. This means sourcing an additional climate control unit that fits in the lower space.

2) If the satnav+ screen that you have is made for the A8, then it won't fit the A3. I'm not sure whether it could be made to fit with some fabrication. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Most of my reading has been from posts by dunk, so he's the man who you really need to talk to.

cheers mate its just i'm getting the unit dirt cheap and i really dont want to let it go!! £600 thats a bargain!!