Audi "friendly" headunits that are multichanger compatible?

Ipswich Jules

Reaction score
Hello people, just signed up as I've recently bought my first ever Audi (A3 1.9 TDi Sport) and I have to say I love the build quality! Despite being 10 years old and with average miles on the clocks there is no squeaks and rattles - love it!

Anyway, onto my reason for posting here:

The car has the standard stereo equipment, it has a 6 CD changer in the boot and the "Concert" radio/cassette headunit, this has the common problem with the all-or-nothing volume and rather than fork out to get it sorted I'm looking at putting a more modern unit in there and have a few related questions.

The way I see it I have a couple of options, get a headunit that will work with the Multichanger in the boot, or sell the 'changer on eBay and fit a headunit that is iPod compatible (I have a JVC AVX2 with the iPod controller from my previous car I can use) - or look for something new that is more in fitting with the Audi's style (blue and red dials/needles/switchgear etc) that can run a iPod (and maybe the multichanger? Although no idea why I'd need it if it has iPod compatibly)

So whilst I have a think about what route to take I'll (finally!) get to the point - I'd like to get your opinions on any headunits that look "at home" in a Audi and have iPod ability's (preferably that can control the iPod easily from the headunit) and are good value for money?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers

Jules (Virgin Audi-sport bubble has been burst!) :wub:

The only one that matches perfectly is the Becker GP 7992. It also plugs straight in so the only adapter you need is the aerial amp adapter and fascia plates.
BeckerGrandPrix7992.jpg

http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/becker-7992-grand-prix-radio-cd-player-with-bluetooth-i19438.html

This is a quality HU without the blingyness of most hideous models so looks OEM.
No aftermarket HU's will work with the CD changer