US Plane Crash captured on a DashCam

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
So this was in the news this morning and it's a pretty sad video but this dash cam captures it all...

From looking at the plane climbing, does it look like it's climbing really steep? Or is it an optical illusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is called a tactical take off mate. They have to take of like that as its in a war zone as they have to climb as fast as possible due to small arms fire or RPG attack. The aim is to have it almost on the limit of stalling with too high a AOA (angle of attack) of the wings thus increasing height very quickly in the shortest time span. I've been on alot of aircraft that do this and its quite an achievement considering the all up weight of them. (This is Boeing 747) converted for freight carrying.

I was discussing this crash with my mate last night and we reckon this has happened due to internal paylod shift. Due to the AOA of the aircraft the internal payload which was vehicles have come loose thus altering the centre of gravity of the aircraft to the rear so the thrust of the engines wasnt enough to pull the aircraft out of a terminal stall and crash. RIP to all the crew onboard. They would of known what was coming.

Right, never knew of that kind of take off but it really makes sense as to the direction it is going. I'm assuming if it did have vehicles not strapped down correctly it would have caused this!

Would hate to think what they knew what was coming!! Terrible. Only thing you can kind of hope for is that they got knocked out either by the Gs or by equipment.

The equipment would of been going backwards thus altering the C of G of the aircraft......thats why its almost sitting on its tail. They would of known exactly what was coming.....damn shame.

Aircraft also do tactical landings for the same reason. They will come down from a high height so as to evade enemy fire and then pull up at the last moment and then land. T/L's are cool if your used to it.