Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

A HUGE thank you to EVERYONE at Awesome GTI

Sarah (and everyone at Awesome GTI),

I just wanted to say thanks, very very much for making last week go so smoothly. It really does make the difference when you deal with a Company that is aware and can meet all off your needs.

I am a very hard person to please as I always over analyse things, making sure I'm doing the right thing, I think Awesome and particularly Sarah needs a medal for being so patient with me and my 1000 questions all via e-mail and through phonecalls.

For the forum readers who don't know.....

I dropped the car to Awesome Saturday 24th April and left it with them for the week. They even provided me with a courtesy car!

I had the following work carried out at Awesome;

Front and rear Neuspeed ARB`s (22mm Front and 19mm rear)
    Compbrake top mounts
    Awesome rear Tie Bars
    H&R lowering springs
    Bilstein B8 shocks front and rear
    Standard Drop links
    Powerflex bushes
    Powerflex dog mount bush
    OEM brake discs and Tarox pads front and rear
    Supply and fit cruise control
    APR Stage 1 remap
    Full car check with VAGCOM.

The car is such a nice car to drive now and when I do put my foot down I get the biggest grin, it actually goes fast around a corner now which is something it had lots of trouble doing before.

I can't thank you enough Awesome. Will be back in the months to come (before the summer) for a downpipe/cats and a stage 2 remap, brembo setup and eventually a BT conversion. I can't wait.

All thats left to say is a HUGE thanks to everyone at Awesome for making me a very happy person! It's the start of my own project after reading so many other peoples it feels like a huge achievement that I've started my own!

A few pictures of the journey!

Arrival 9am

Camo'd

Buildings in and around Manchester (were very tall)

Our Weekends accommodation was very nice!

The journey back (fresh car parked in a car park. Note the 16mm rear spacers)

Milltek - Custom tail pipes

The only evidence of an APR remap :D and a nice feature!

Inside the cabin MPG's were looking good. (no dead DIS here!)

My mug shot, my feet were in bits after all the sightseeing and shopping, still smiling though!

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Forgot to mention a BIG thanks to ESS_Three who I've been in contact with over these last few months. Very Very nice bloke and very very knowledgeable, my suspension has custom geometry as per Ess's specification.

G

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Nice setup to have installed in one go. Im similar + big brakes but Im fitting myself as I dont have the luxury of decent knowledgable workshops up here

Good drive back then?

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    Nice setup to have installed in one go. Im similar + big brakes but Im fitting myself as I dont have the luxury of decent knowledgable workshops up here

Good drive back then?
    Well it was either that or do it in stages, thought it was best to get it 100% all done in one go. Although my brakes front and rear are new, a few months and I'll get Brembo's.

Drive back was great, as was the drive up to be honest, but definitely more-so on the way home, very happy and want to get in it right now for a drive!

G

4th Gear

Status
    I like the tail pipes, 8p milltek style I guess!
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Gavin
    Wow , great write up , thank you so much
    It was a pleasure to be able to do the jopb in one go , noit often we get to do that :D
    We had to be fair , done the majority of the work via email , as daft as it sounds a fair few emails between us
    Hopefully a few more too :0

Thank you so much
    Watch these shopping trips , you can get carried away with them

I am here to help if I can
    Sarah

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Forgot to mention a BIG thanks to ESS_Three who I've been in contact with over these last few months. Very Very nice bloke and very very knowledgeable, my suspension has custom geometry as per Ess's specification.

G
    My pleasure mate!
    I'm glad it's as good as you'd hoped.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.