AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Drive It Like You Stole It

Status

OIL and filter change

Hello there,

I want to change my oil and filter on my B6 s4.
    Its not due for a 'proper' service for another 5 or 6 thou/6 months(whichever comes first), but want to change the oil for piece of mind.
    I had it serviced by yourselfs 6 months ago so would like to bring it back as i was very pleased with the service.

Thanks

RyanJon
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    We do the oil and oil filter changes on their own without the rest of the service
    I would need to know what engine you have though sorry
    Glad you liked the service before , lets see if we can look after you again
    Sarah

Status
    hello,
    Its a 2004 4.2 V8 with 58,000 on the clock. How much would I be looking at and what type of oil would you recomend?

Cheers

RyanJon
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    The oil and oil filter replacement on this would be 75 + VAT
    Hope that helps?
    Sarah

Status
    hello,
    what kind of oil would that be using?

Cheers
    RyanJon

4th Gear

Status
    PM`d
    Thank you for the rg
    Sarah

Status
    Hello there,

How come you use semi synthetic oil? Everywhere else, including audi say that I
    shouldn't be putting semi in my car, and that its not up to the job!! As I had my last
    service done at awesome, is this what will be in my car at the moment?

Cheers

RyanJon

Status
    Hello,

Still a bit concerned tbh as audi themselves say my car should never have semi synth oil
    and it could cause damage to my engine internals and a new engine would be a few quid.
    Does Mobil S 10w40 conform to vw 504 00/507 00?

Cheers

RyanJon

Status
    hello?..........hellllo?........anybody there?................

4th Gear

Status
    HI
    I am sorry , I have been off for a few days , a couple of issues at home , falling downstairs did not help
    This is what oil we use in highly tuned engines , it is high quality stuff , some that have had some major work have used this and was used as Jim`s daily driver A4
    We never had any issues at all
    Sarah

Status
    Sorry to hear about your fall.

I know that as you've already told me exactly the same thing!

The thing that concerns me is that I was told over the phone, and when I dropped the
    car off that my service would be carried out to manufacturers standards/specifications
    using all genuine parts. I've been told by audi themselves that they don't ever use
    and would never recommend using semi synthetic oil in an S4. I was more than
    happy with the service I recieved and the communication between yourselves and I on
    the day of the service . I must have recieved 5 or 6 phone calls telling me when faults
    had been found, asking which route I would prefere to take to rectify the problems.
    The main part of servicing a car is changing the oil and its the main thing that I would
    never try to save money on. Why was I not told that the oil being put into my car
    would not be to manufacturers specifications?

I have now bought 10 litres of castrol edge (which certainly wasn't cheap) which
    conforms to vw 504 00/507 00, and a new oil filter for my car and will be changing the
    oil over the next week.

Like I've said before, no problems with awsome as a whole, and will be hoping to get a
    new clutch fitted by yourselves in a couple of months when it finally gives up the
    ghost. Just a little miffed by the fact that I've had to fork out for new oil for my own
    piece of mind so soon after changing it.

get well soon

RyanJon

Status
    So does my semi synthetic oil conform to vw 504 00/507 00 or not?

Status
    I've asked this question 3 times now and still not got a definate yes/no answer!....come on guys!!!

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Ryan
    I have checked for you
    This oil that we have now , comes from the dealers , we buy it from the TPS section , so it is the same as the VAG dealers use
    I will get an invoice from them in regards the oils and check again for you
    Sarah

Status

Yes or no?????????????????

2nd Gear

Status
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

Status
    Cheers for that mate.....at least someones trying to help me out!!

RyanJon

Status
    Looking at that site, I read it as conforming to 505.00

I think this is the standard for diesel engines?

Should an s4 use oil that conforms to 504 00/507 00 ?

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    The main problem is Ryan , I am not up on oil and do not know where to get that information I am sorry
    Jim is off at the moment , and john has been away , so I will see what I can do to find out the information required
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Right , sorry
    I have had a meet with Mark and also the head technician
    Here we go....
    Technicians put in the oil as per the specification of the car and the engine
    Here at the desk , we dont invoice to the specification
    There are so many different part numbers for the oil that we do not have all the correct part numbers on our system
    This is made easier for us on the desk with just 3 oil part numbers to make our life easy
    There is 10-40 , Diesel PD oil , and also Mobil 1 for the long life , and all our services are fixed prices , so when we are doing the invoices here , we are looking mainly at the correct prices and that your not overcharged for the work done
    The technicians are trained on the oil , we are not , so with that in mind it can`t get too complicated (but looks like training is now on its way
    So they have assured me that the tecnicians would NOT have put oil in that is incorrect
    What they have said , and it did cross my mind that if it would help you have your mind put at ease , we would do the oil and oil filter replacement that you are looking at FOC
    I am sorry that this has gone on so long
    As I am not up on oil and unfortunately this has shown on this thread and I would imagine this is why they have made it the way they have on the invoicing
    I am sorry for all this , and to be fair , if I have learnt anything from this thread , oil is not something I think I will get in to

But as I have said , if it will help to ease your mind , we are prepared to do the oil and oil filter change for you FOC
    Sarah

Status
    Hello

Thanks for the offer of a free change, its much appreciated,

I've already bought 10L of castrol edge and a new oil filter so would be happy for you
    to put this in if thats ok?

I also seem to think the rear brakes were on their way out last time my car was in so I would like a price for new discs and pads and a price for a brake fluid change if possible please.

When would you be able to fit my car in?

I'm off work the rest of this week and the early part of next week if you can manage to fit me in.

Also how much do you charge for 4 wheel alignment as my last tyres wore unevenly?

Thanks again

Ryanjon

1st Gear

Status
    Hi mate,

Could you PM me your Registeration number so that I can get some prices sorted for you on the discs and pads.

The brake fluid change will be 59 + VAT
    As for the Four wheel laser alignment you are looking at 67.50 + VAT

We would be able to book you in for Wednesday (17th June)

Hope that helps,
    Taa, AL.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the PM. Price brakedown as follows:

The Front Discs are 78.79 + VAT each (157.58 + VAT per pair)
    The Front pads are 83.20 + VAT
    Fitting on the Front discs and pads 49.50 + VAT (one hour's labour)
    Brake fluid change 59.00 + VAT
    4Wheel Laser Alignment 67.50 + VAT

Total amount: 479.30 inc VAT

Feel free to give us a buzz on 0161 776 0777 (opt1) to make a booking
    We should be able to fit you in on Tuesday or Wednesday if those days are good?

Regards, Al.

Status
    sorry mate, I should have made it clearer, its the rear brakes that need replacing.

How long is it all likely to take?

Cheers

Ryan
    Last edited by RyanJonS4; 11th June 2009 at 14:50.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry my fault for not reading through it properly.

Chances are the price will be a good amount cheeper with it being rears but I'll give you a definite in a short while!

The whole lot will be between 3 and 4 hours overall.

Hope this helps, Taa, Al.

1st Gear

Status
    The Rear Discs are 45.77 + VAT each (91.54 + VAT per pair)
    The Rear pads are 48.25 + VAT
    Fitting on the Rear discs and pads 49.50 + VAT (one hour's labour)
    Brake fluid change 59.00 + VAT
    4Wheel Laser Alignment 67.50 + VAT

Total amount: 363.16 inc VAT
    Last edited by AwesomeAl; 18th June 2009 at 09:09.

Status
    Hello there

Sorry to not get back to you, I've been away all weekend in a field in scotland, so had no access to the internet.

I will be looking to get my car in asap, and presume that its too late now to get it in this week?

RyanJon

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Ryan
    Are you just wanting to be squeezed in for the oil change?
    If so , I could squeeze you in at 8.30 on Thursday
    Is that any good?
    Hope Scotland was good to you?
    Sarah

Status
    Hello,

Scotland was good thanks but muddy music festivals and clean cars dont mix very well....at least I had 4 wheel drive to get me out of the swampy field though.

I'd be looking to have the work above carried out but, as my car has now done 60,000 and is due for a service on 61000, I may be better to have an interim service (as I had loads done last time round) + the rear brake discs & pads + a brake fluid change + laser alignment, so a price for that and a date when I can be fitted in would be good.

Thanks

RyanJon

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    As we are doing that oil and filter replacement FOC for you
    420.09 including the VAT too (that is if Al`s maths is good )
    The first time we can do it is Tuesday the 23rd
    Sorry , it is that busy just now

Mud....ooh that stuff gets everywhere doesn`t it?
    Sarah

Status
    Hello,

23rd should be good for me, will need to book a day off work but that shouldn't be a problem.

What time would you want my car there for?

Ryan

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Ryan
    11am , is that OK?
    Sarah

Status
    Hello

Thats good for me ta.

How long is it likely to take as I may have to wait around.

Cheers

RyanJon

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    All booked in for you
    Can you just PM me your contact number
    You would be looking at approx 6 hours for these jobs though......sorry
    But we make a cracking brew
    Sarah