Volks AutosSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

Remap, overboosting now

Hi I brought my car (B6 1.9TDI) in for a remap a month ago, it seemed to pull really hard all the way home so quite a difference.

I've covered less than 900 miles since, so haven't been able to take it out for a long run often since the map. When I have been able to bring it up to speed, I've noticed some black exhaust smoke following gear changes, and a flat spot at the same point. It's started going into limp mode (3 or 4 times now), when this happens I get a hell of a heat coming through the dash vents, regardless of climate control temperature. I've had it scanned and codes are indicating overboost:-

Address 01: Engine
    Control Module Part Number: 038 906 019 LJ
    Component and/or Version: 1,9l R4 EDC G000SG 5934
    Software Coding: 00002
    Work Shop Code: WSC 63251

2 Faults Found:

18057 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
    P1649 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
    P1557 - 35-00 - -

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

Some of the Skoda boys have mentioned bost limits in the map, what's the limit set in mine? My dyno print out shows 1021.98 mBars on
    the standard map run and 1021.94 mBars on the remapped run, so fractionally less which confuses me slightly.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    The mBars is the atmospheric pressure
    To be fair , we could really do with getting the car in to diagnose the problem
    It could be down to a faulty part
    We would not be able to diagnose the problem
    The remaps we do we cannot really do anything to cause issues with the maps , as the ECU will not allow us to do anything that will make it go too bad
    The smoking could even possibly be down to a dirt air filter
    But we are guessing here and would need to see the car
    Check over hoses and check it out
    Give us a call on 0161 77560777 press option 1 for sales , you can even ask for me too if it helps?
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Cheers Sarah, I'm sure we'll get it sorted.

Thanks for the info on the atmospheric pressure, that makes more sense.

Are there any days to avoid next week? I'll try and book the day off.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    All of next week is booked up I am afraid sorry
    But as of just now , the week after is OK
    Saturdays is just manic just now , and we would prefer the head technician to have a look , and he would be better available on weekdays
    Hope that helps?
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks Sarah, I'm keen to get it sorted ASAP as am concerned about causing wear / damage during driving, so I won't do until it can be checked by the master technician - what's the earliest date you can check it over? I'll book the day off work.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    We are busy just now , but what about Wednesday at 11am?
    If it is OK PM me your full name and reg number with a contact number too
    I will book that in for you
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    PM'd

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Sarah, you might remember I came to sort this out at the end of February, however got limp mode from overboost on the way home again, so called you. You advised that the original map may need to be be put back on whenever I can come back - which I wanted to avoid if possible, and as you know I'm not that close and work commitments have prevented me from being able to take more time off.

I've since changed the vacuum lines, intercooler pipes, EGR valve and eventually the turbo in the aim to put this down to a hardware issue and attempt to rectify the issue, but still no joy. I've also contacted Garrett and some of their distributors and the helpful people over on the tdi forums to gain as much information around the turbo and it's limits with some interesting feedback.

I know what the requested boost was set to and what the limit was increased to at my last visit, however I don't know what volume (in mg) of fuel has been added and this seems to be key as overboost occurs at WOT in 5th and 6th under heavy load / uphill. Can you please tell me how much fuel is being requested by the remap and I can then look at the best approach to move forward?

Thanks
    Marc
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    I am going to get Jeoff to have a look at this if we can
    PLease bear with me....
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Cheers Sarah.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Marc
    I have managed to get geff to have a look through this thread
    He did say that the fuel is added as a percentage rather than mg`s
    But he said , he feels that it would be best coming in to see us , lets put it back to standard and then we can take it from there
    If you like if you PM me a contact number
    When Geff is off the rolling road , I can get him to give you a call and have a chat in regards this
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Right ok Sarah, thanks. I guess my only option is to return to standard then. I'm going to be in London for a few day now and can't get any time off until early July, so I'll need to book in with you then. Any free slots week commencing 6th July at all?

Marc
    For Sale

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    Jeff the guy I want to look at your car is off the 6th July until the 11th
    Is it possible to get you in the Monday he returns?
    That would be the 13th? (hopefully not supersticious either)
    Would that be any good?
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Sarah

I can get the 17th July off work, how are you guys fixed that day?

Also as you said the fuel is added as a percentage, can you confirm what the percentage is please? Happy for you to PM this info if you prefer.

Also the overboost will come on earlier (still 5th and 6th gear under load) when the K&N panel is fitted than with the stock air filter.

Cheers
    Marc
    For Sale

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    PM me your details and I will get it sorted for you
    Then it may be worth having a chat with Geff and he will be able to have a good chat with you in regards this with you
    It would have to be 8.30 though , is that OK?
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    HI Sarah, 8.30am is fine, thanks will PM you details.
    For Sale

4th Gear

Status
    PM recieved and all booked in
    Will see you then and get you sorted :D
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Sarah, I appreciate you trying to sort this out on Friday. Unfortunately it still overboosts as I found out on Saturday. I think sadly I'm now only left with your previous suggestion to return to stock and get a refund. At least I can run it stock for a while and see what happens and we can take it from there once we know the state of play. I will do some vag.com logs again too.

It's very difficult for me to take time off work for this, as you know. When am I looking at getting booked in? Friday's would be the most likely chance I have currently.
    For Sale

4th Gear

Status
    Hi I have just had a chat with geff for you
    He did say , yes that would be the right thing to do now and see what happens from there
    I am so sorry that we are having this issue , but hopefully back to standard , it may be found and sorted then
    So no worries at all
    The only problem is we are chockka full on Friday , but if you can make it at approx 8.30am , that way we can get straight on to it for you
    Is that OK?
    Sarah

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Sarah, I've just seen this. Thanks for your help. I can come in next Friday 31st at 8.30am if that's ok?
    For Sale

4th Gear

Status
    That is fine , we will see you then
    Sorry for the issues
    Sarah