Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Helix clutch kit for Audi S3 8P

Hi Awesome

Hi I am looking into upgrading the clutch on my Audi S3 8P. I am looking at the Helix clutch you sell and have some question I hope you can answer.

1) Is this clutch available with an organic plate as the picture is the paddle type which is not good for normal road driving?

2) If available with an organic plate is this good enough for up to a stage 2 increase in performance? At the moment the car is
    standard.

3) I would be looking to use a DMF to keep noise /chatter down to a minimum and wondered is their any performance advantage in using a SACH DMF over the LUK one?

Any other relevant information would be welcome.

Regards

Phil..
    Phantom Black S3

| Dvd Sat Nav | Bluetooth | Black styling pack | light and rain sensor pack |
    | Rear acoustic parking-sunroof | i-pod-prep | BOSE sound system | gsm phone prep |
    |Storage and luggage pack | Privicy glass | MFFBSW | 20 spoke alloys |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi Awesome. I'm also looking at the same setup and would like the same information. Thanks.

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Guys,

Sorry for the slow reply. One of our main guys has been off for a few weeks due to being stuck in hospital so we've been finding very little time to get over to the forums.

I have the answers here for you:

1) Yes! - The image is for illustration purposes only, but this is the difference between the Road and the Race kits.
    The Road kits are an Organic Full Round type clutch friction plate, The Race kits are a 4-Puck Paddle Clutch using a sintered material.

2) The Organic version is fully capable of running Stage 2+ without any problems. We've even seen a few customers use these on the strip with good results too despite them being designed for fast road use

3) The DMF Option is definitely the best way to go if you are after an OEM quietness to the transmission. There is no performance advantage to using either the LUK or the Sachs DMF. Both are equally as capable.
    We list the options for customers looking to re-use their original flywheel as the S3's were fitted from factory with either or (basically whichever Audi had in stock at the time of production). Unfortunately the two clutches are different so you need to make sure you match up the correct one if you are keeping your original flywheel.

Once again apologies for the slow reply. If you need any further assistance on this, give me a shout on 0161 776 0777 (option 1) or contact me through the contact form on our web page

Many thanks, Al.
    Awesome Ltd.