Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

REVO/APR Thanks to all at Awesome GTI.

Took a trip up to Awesome yesterday (from Cardiff) for some work to be done on the car.

I'd had some CompBrake top mounts fitted to the car back in June, and they'd not been great. The springs were clanging most of the time but more noticable at slower speeds. They'd developed a groaning strange noise in the last few weeks so I'd decided I wanted them off the car.

They were great apart from making the car very sensitive to any input of the steering wheel, could be classed as dangerous at higher speeds due to the lack of effort needed to change lanes, one wrong movement and the car felt like it would end up vering off.

So Awesome changed the top mounts for standard ones. I think they even took some plates from another car as Audi had no stock of any. Now that is very valuable customer service, won't find that anywhere else! They were very accommodating as usual

I'd originally gone to have APR stage 1 taken off and a REVO put on. Unfortunately my ECU wasn't having any of it, no fault of Awesome's, just one of those things. It does mean that I now have to use another company to "attempt" a stage 2 remap once I've gone FMIC and DP.

So I'd like to say thanks to everyone at Awesome in Particular Dean & the Technician for arranging everything and making the car drive like it should.

It might be worth checking with awesome before you go for the REVO change to see if your car is Direct port remappable, if not then it's unlikely your car will take the REVO code.

Again....thanks Awesome, I hope to be back up to you soon with either a new ECU or a way around this problem I have. I won't be beaten!

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mr G!

Thank you very much for the thread! It is nice to see that customers are happy with the service :D

Sorry to hear about the REVO switch! Regardless I hope it gets sorted!

I have passed the link to everyone to see and post as needed

Mike

1st Gear

Status
    PS I am sure we can do you a deal on the FMIC and downpipe for you :D

send me a PM :D

Awesome Mike

5th Gear

Status
    Mike PM sent.

G