SD Card / Slot

dan172

Reaction score
Where does the SD card slot in? Is it in the glove box or on the dash for ease? Any photos?
I have ordered a Sp. Ed without MMI, should I have got MMI or will a 16GB card be enough and suffice?
Any thoughts?

The SD slot is in the actual main face of the stereo (lower left). The SD card works very well, you only need the MMI if you always have your ipod with you and you wish to be able to control it from the cat steering wheel.

HTH.

Phil.

Depends on how much music you have TBH i have both AMI & SD slot also 6disc MP3 changer so loads of options

I don't have an ipod as my phone works well enough and a couple od SD'd will be enough... 32GB of music at a time!

when you are putting the music on the SD card can you organise them in folders? for example a folder for each playlist? or how does it work?

thanks

Not tried this yet waiting for someone to tell me as well or will I need to try it tomorrow? I just dumped the tracks into the root directory and this worked OK.

It works fine if you dump folders with an album in each on to the SDs. I think it will read down seven layers of file structure.

Also remember that there's a limitation of4000 files in total and max. 1000 files per directory although you'll probably not have space on a SD to exceed this and it's more application to USB HDDs.

Here's a pic of the SD slots :

Card%20slot.jpg

p.s. On my 2009 car (with 2G DVD based SatNav and B&O) I didn't have any SD slots. Instead I had 6CDs. My 2010 car (with 3G HDD based SatNav and B&O) has SD but only the single CD/DVD slot. Depending on the car you get you may or may not actually have SD slots.

i collect my audi at the end of this week. I have not had a proper look but it appeared when i looked on the test drive that i only had the one front mounted SD slot on the front of the CD player. I have the B&O speakers but do not appear to have an aux input either :(

where would the AUX be if i had it? I may just have to use an SD card instead of my iphone for music

If its got an AMI it will be in the glove box two cables one for ipod and one for usb

My 2010 S Line (non Nav) has a single SD slot on the left side of the panel, a six disc changer with a single cd slot loader. I do not have the ipod conection in the glove box but there is a Aux conection under the arm rest.

I opted for the AMI on my new Sline and this option deletes the (aux in) input inside the arm rest. I also only received an Ipod lead, not one for a USB. I have to purchase that option. Bloomin Audi!!!

No you don't. Go back and tell them to give you the USB one. If they won't then take it up with Audi UK Customer services. The iPod and USB leads are part of the paid for option.

Thanks Scotty will email the dealer in the morning. Only had the car 6 weeks. The other thing I've noticed is there is a spare key fob in the glovebox although I didn't receive a plastic key like I had for my B7. Is it in the car stashed away or should they have given it to me?

Yep you should have a small plastic one given to you along with others.

They were additional cost when I bought My B8 2009 however I got both FREE
I opted for the AMI on my new Sline and this option deletes the (aux in) input inside the arm rest. I also only received an Ipod lead, not one for a USB. I have to purchase that option. Bloomin Audi!!!

I think it was mid 2009 when the price increased but the cables became part of the option.

Star man Scotty - Thanks for the advice, emailed the dealer and free USB cable in post. They couldn't understand why I didn't get the spare key and have now ordered one in to be coded to the car.

Glad it's all being sorted. Shame you had to complain to get what were just standard items.

I tried a 32GB and it would not work. 4GB works OK, so maybe 8GB or 16GB is the max?