Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

How quick is your B8 S4 in the real world?

Hi,

Before ordering my S4 (Due Sepember 1st), I had a decent length test drive which I thoroughly enjoyed, but didn't have the chance to test it on the road against any other machinery of the same caliber!

A friend drives a BMW E92 M3, which I know will be quite a bit quicker (although the 0-60 times arent a million miles apart), but just wondered what your experiences have been in your S4 against other cars such as B7 RS4, BMW E92 M3, BMW E92 335i etc?

What about the E92 330D?? (This is what I'm driving presently)

James

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You can drive an S4 a lot harder than an M3 without being a driving god. When I had my B6 S4 I always found M3's backing out unless it was a dead straight motorway. Mine was modd'ed so it wasfine then as well.

New S4 won't be too different to the RS4 although you'll lose out of revs I think.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Saw a standard S4 at Gti inters yesterday and it hit 0-60 in 4.7..was shocked to pieces...it was Revo's car but was told the car was actually standard.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Saw a standard S4 at Gti inters yesterday and it hit 0-60 in 4.7..was shocked to pieces...it was Revo's car but was told the car was actually standard.
    My (modded) B6 S4 will do 0 - 60 in under 5 seconds too. Shouldn't be allowed in such a normal-looking car.

6th Gear

Status
    I never timed my B6 S4. It was AMD stage 3 and since there wasn't a lot of choice is your's the same? What have you got it to run?

This was mine : http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...96792692892800#

You can see it was a gentle take off i.e. no high revs or dropping the clutch and I reckon it was about 5.2 or so. Clearly sub 5 was possible with some aggression.

Did you ever get a proper timed run?

p.s. I used to love people walking down the street looking around to see what car they just heard and only seeing an A4 go by
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like the same: AMD remap, quad Millteks from the B7 S4 (with modified rear valance to fit) and Milltek cats.

I haven't done any proper timed runs; this was just an approximation by my passenger with a stopwatch but it was consistently coming in just under 5s.

I've taken the front and rear S4 badges off mine so it's even funnier watching people turn round when they hear it, wondering where the noise is coming from. Love it.