sd cards and i tunes

ivor1

Reaction score
hi guys i would like to know if there is a convenient way to transfer music from itunes to the sd card . i tried this the other day and it seemed cumbersome plus some of the tracks were not recognised , stereo said they were damaged!

what should i be doing for the transfer ?

click on track, show in windows explorer, send to sd card .

please advise

Hi there.

All your music should be in your music files. Click on start, select music and there should be a file called itunes music. Open that and all your songs are there. Songs I downloaded are in mp3 that your car will play and will show on the MMI. Songs from cd's are in mpeg4 and wont show on MMI so I downloaded an mpeg 4 to mp3 converter.

I then started a new folder called G's music and sent all the converted songs to there. Once all songs were converted I connected up my SD card and dragged and dropped them in.

Hope that helps.

hi guys i would like to know if there is a convenient way to transfer music from itunes to the sd card . i tried this the other day and it seemed cumbersome plus some of the tracks were not recognised , stereo said they were damaged!

what should i be doing for the transfer ?

click on track, show in windows explorer, send to sd card .

please advise

Can't be certain but I suspect those marked as "damaged" are ones you have bought through the iTunes store and are therefore protected files which can only be played from an Apple device

Holy moley, I have never bought from iTunes. I download from legal sounds. 9 cents a song, about 5p. They go straight on the sd card no problem.