JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

sd cards and i tunes

hi guys i would like to know if there is a convenient way to transfer music from itunes to the sd card . i tried this the other day and it seemed cumbersome plus some of the tracks were not recognised , stereo said they were damaged!

what should i be doing for the transfer ?

click on track, show in windows explorer, send to sd card .

please advise

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi there.

All your music should be in your music files. Click on start, select music and there should be a file called itunes music. Open that and all your songs are there. Songs I downloaded are in mp3 that your car will play and will show on the MMI. Songs from cd's are in mpeg4 and wont show on MMI so I downloaded an mpeg 4 to mp3 converter.

I then started a new folder called G's music and sent all the converted songs to there. Once all songs were converted I connected up my SD card and dragged and dropped them in.

Hope that helps.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivor1 View Post
    hi guys i would like to know if there is a convenient way to transfer music from itunes to the sd card . i tried this the other day and it seemed cumbersome plus some of the tracks were not recognised , stereo said they were damaged!

what should i be doing for the transfer ?

click on track, show in windows explorer, send to sd card .

please advise
    Can't be certain but I suspect those marked as "damaged" are ones you have bought through the iTunes store and are therefore protected files which can only be played from an Apple device
    2012 A6 Avant 2.0TDi SE
    1970 Lotus Elan +2S

1st Gear

Status
    Holy moley, I have never bought from iTunes. I download from legal sounds. 9 cents a song, about 5p. They go straight on the sd card no problem.