SD cards / Stereo in new S4

Jamespaul

Reaction score
Hi,

Last week i finally took the plunge and ordered a brand new S4 in spint blue. (so glad the VAT rate doesnt increase with immediate effect!)

In preperation for getting the car, I want to copy some music onto an SD card.

Does the standards stereo have 1 or 2 slots?
Do you know what the maximise size card works? 4GB, 8GB??

Thanks,
James

Sprint blue, my favourite ;)

Come on let us know the full spec and due date.

Stereo will take upto 32GB, maybe even 64. My stereo only has the one slot.

Due to budget, not gone mad on options, but hoping it will still be nice!

Sprint blue metallic
Supersport seats in black nappa leather
19” 7 arm wheels
Audi Drive select with damper control

Tyre pressure warning
Hill hold assist

Hoping for it to be delivered on September 1st.
Sold my 330D M Sport this weekend, so will feel like a long wait!

Have you tried a 32GB card?
I didnt think you could get anything larger than 8GB?

James

I only have a 4GB card and that only has a GB of music on it. Never tried anything larger, sorry. One of the gurus will be along soon to correct me as well probably ;)

Its worth the wait for the new plate, although the time will drag.

Anyway thats a nice spec, i do note that you have omitted B&O, thats a mistake IMO. One of the best options you have is the ADS, it makes a great car far easier to live with :) There are some pics of my car on here, if you fancy reminding yourself you have order the right colour on the right car.

Would have loved to have ordered the B&O speakers, but as I just missed out on getting my order in before Audi's price increase, the car was already more than I budgeted for. In the BMW I fitted a JL Audio 12W6V2 sub with a JL 500w mono block amp. Thinking about installing this in the S4....

From your photo, i guess you leave near Stafford ;-)

James

I live in Bloxwich, just outside of Walsall, i prefer to travel to Stafford Audi as i hate Wolverhampton, bunch of muppets! My car was actually ordered from Stratford as they offered the best deal at the time.

We all push the budget when ordering a car, well done for being able to stop when you need too. Never fancied messing with the stereo on a new car, but hey if you know what you are doing cool :)

Hi All,

When using the sd card to play back music on a MY10 A4 will it display the track name on the display?

Thanks,
K.

I have 1 slot and a 16GB card. Works fine and the MMI even recognises subfolders

Hi,

Last week i finally took the plunge and ordered a brand new S4 in spint blue. (so glad the VAT rate doesnt increase with immediate effect!)

In preperation for getting the car, I want to copy some music onto an SD card.

Does the standards stereo have 1 or 2 slots?
Do you know what the maximise size card works? 4GB, 8GB??

Thanks,
James

I have a 32GB in mine and all is good. PS its full and that like a life time of tunes:rock:

Did you have to format the SD card in any particular way e.g FAT32, or just use it as bought? (Thought I'd ask before I spent ages copying all my music on!)

James

Did you have to format the SD card in any particular way e.g FAT32, or just use it as bought? (Thought I'd ask before I spent ages copying all my music on!)

James

Hi James, yes as anything over 8GB is a SDHC card you need a compatable card reader to be able to format is in FAT32 so windows can reconise the full card size,

Thanks.

Steve.