2011 Build A4- What's Changed?

Cessna954

Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Hi All

I have been informed by the dealership today that my A4 build date has been postponed by Audi, as have all remaining builds apparently, and will re-emerge on the system as a 2011 build example. Apart from the additional 4 week delay involved, apparently the 2011 build car will have a few refinements. Can anyone from this forum identify what the changes will be in comparison to the 2010 build example?

On order is an A4 Avant 170 Quattro s-line special edition with quite a few extras.

Cheers

Neil

Not sure if its anything to do with it but i notice on Audi's web site tha they have stopped doing a S-line Executive and now do a S-line special edition was adds ont top of the s-line pack B&O,19" wheels & DAB radio
where as my Executive model has on top of the s-line pack alcantar/leather,symphony 6disc changer,cruise con & mobile prep low.
the new package seems really good i could live without alcantar/leather and 6 disc changer as i have AMI but even if i didnt have that the SD slot is good,and the mobile prep i never use the cradle,i just connect through the bluetooth but i really love the cruise con its top notch never had it before on a car dont know how i managed without it before!!!!

Interesting that the special edition has 19" as standard.I wonder if that means the the suspension drop is a crappy 20mm as opposed to a 30mm drop if you had 18s?

hi guys,
just bought a special edition.
the drop is 30mm
the spec ed and the exec are both available just now
I was swithering between both but the spec ed was the better choice and better vaue for money i felt

Sno

Strange that.No matter though cos ive just had some eibach anti roll bars fitted front and rear.really crisp and tight now

oh thats interesting! I ordered on the 28th of Feb and it is supposed to be getting built this week, does that mean it isnt??

hmm, will be watching this one!

I've apparently got a confirmed build week of 22 off an order placed first wk of April (2.0 TFSI quatrro Avant).

/me contemplates mithering the dealer.

Thanks for the replies guys. The order date on my new A4 was 1st April and now with an estimated build week of 23/24.

I believe the S-line exec is no longer available, except for existing UK stock and the 19' wheels come with the 20mm drop.

Cheers

Neil

Interesting...
I have an order placed (A4 Sp Ed) at the beginning of April and a few weeks ago was told it would be a week 25 build. Any ideas what's gonna happen there guys?

:think:

Having heard nothing from the dealership since I last chased them several weeks ago, I've been informed today that my car has a build week of 27 and delivery maybe 3 weeks after that. Given an order date of 23 March, that makes it a 17 week wait. Comparing that to the posts of dan172 and oscar with similar order dates but significantly earlier build dates, am I being taken for a ride by the dealership?

I am left with the problem of probably having to replace 4 tyres and have a service on my current A4 Quattro if I have to wait until mid/late July for the delivery of the new car. I feel that I'm going to have to re-negotiate the trade in value on this basis. What's the strength of my position of threatening to withdraw my order and get my deposit back if they don't meet the tyre and servicing costs?

Neil

I had a call from the dealer today as it happens - my car is in build (@bodyshop iirc) and I should have it by the end of the month apparently. Doesnt sound entirely fair considering when you ordered! I'd be in a similar situation to you as my car was coming up to it's first MOT, but I thought sod it & traded it into them a few weeks ago.

Do the dealers get an allocation of builds or something?

Having heard nothing from the dealership since I last chased them several weeks ago, I've been informed today that my car has a build week of 27 and delivery maybe 3 weeks after that. Given an order date of 23 March, that makes it a 17 week wait. Comparing that to the posts of dan172 and oscar with similar order dates but significantly earlier build dates, am I being taken for a ride by the dealership?

I am left with the problem of probably having to replace 4 tyres and have a service on my current A4 Quattro if I have to wait until mid/late July for the delivery of the new car. I feel that I'm going to have to re-negotiate the trade in value on this basis. What's the strength of my position of threatening to withdraw my order and get my deposit back if they don't meet the tyre and servicing costs?

Neil

I think you have a point Neil. I'd be very tempted to pay them a visit if I were you. The lead time for that vehicle does't seem fair. At the time you placed your order did the dealership give you a lead time?
I was quoted 10 weeks back in April (as he was quoting and wanted the sale), I will be paying a visit to the dealership in the next week.
I have no order number/confirmation, receipt for the deposit etc. I think that the sales side of Audi (Heritage Salisbury) for me has been worse than poor...
Time to start showing my displeasure I think.

I have now spoken at some length with the dealer and explored a few options. They have now offered to pay all of my out of pocket expenses attributed to my still having my current car beyond the target delivery date (late May) of the new car. This means that they will shortly fit a new set of tyres and service the car at their expense. We also looked at them taking the current car from me now for onwards sale and giving me a loan car until the new one arrives.

Looks as though they are being quite reasonable about it, I will just have to be patient about delivery of the new one.

Neil

The delay is/was likely to be due to them not having an allocation. It's a poor system as when you order you expect to go in line for your car. In reality you're on the sidelines until that dealer gets a slot allocated.

I had an allocation reserved so when I placed my order it was 8 weeks which is how it should be.

Also have a 2.0tdi A4 Avant with quattro edition and s-line ordered for 2 weeks ago , have delivery date around wweek 44-45
:(
And my newborn comes in september :)