Chrome exhaust tips

Reaction score
I have had a bit of a search but couldn't find too much on chrome exhaust tips for my make of car. For some reason the 2.0T avant doesn't have them, so I went to the stealership to enquire.

It has to be said that the youngster behind the till looked a little clueless, but he navigated his way through the parts system and found what he thought was the relevant part. The only problem was he had chosen the diagram for the single back box with the twin pipes, like the 2.0TDI, which is a smaller diameter outlet. I tried to explain that the Avant has two boxes with single pipes, but he was sure that he was right.

Does anyone know whether you can get the chrome tips retrofited onto the existing exhaust pipe system. He was saying £56 for the two, but again I still wasn't convinced.

Cheers

Good news for you mate.

They're meant to be on your car already. Check the spec for an S-line and you'll find it lists them. Loads came over from the factory without but the dealers didn't fit them. I and many others complained to our dealers and got them fitted.

There's 15 pages on it here : http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70929&highlight=chrome

Good luck. If you have any issues with the dealer take it straight to Audi Customer Services.

Brilliant...I will have a look and make my way to the garage on the weekend. I let you know how I get on. :icon_thumright:

Result! They will install them under the warrenty...the only problem for me is that they are 85miles from where I live in what I would class as the wrong direction. So I am now trying my local dealer to see whether they will do it.

If all else fails, I will take the wife and kids out for the day...we could look at all the other Audis :haudrauf:

Forget the installation. Get them posted. They are literally just a push on with a strong spring clip. I'm glad they've conceeded the point about supplying them ;)

[1] Awful
[2] Great

Don't believe me then check this out :

Without :

Exhaust1.JPG

Exhaust2.JPG

With :
Exhaust_covers1.JPG

Exhaust_covers2.JPG

p.s. You may notice that they also turn the paint a much nicer colour too ! :icon_thumright:

My local dealer has just confirmed they can order the parts, I am just waiting for confirmation that they are happy to cover it under the warranty. Now that I have seen them, I definately want them and I like the colour of your car.

I glad you like the colour but I have to break it to you that slipping on the covers won't really change it to Aruba Blue! :happy: :laugh:

Damn, thats no good. I was going to go for another blue but decided to have a change. The only problem is the Lava Grey is a ****** to keep clean!

It's done and looking so much better. I would take some photos, but the car is stinking after a 2k round trip in France where it rained most of the week!

Thanks again scoTTy

Good stuff. Glad to hear it worked out how it should ;)