April 2009 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TDi - S-Line - thoughts and advice?

Buck

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm looking at changing my B6 A4 Avant and we have been looking at the B8 Model and for a 1 year old example so, I have seen one that is an April 2009 car in S-Line trim. I can't go for a new ar again as I did with the B6 so am trying to find a reasonable spec one that fits the budget!

I can't see any Quattro models that are (a) within my budget or (b) are anything like I'd want to buy so the above is the nearest to a "nice" car at the minute!

I hope to see the car this weekend but at the moment I understand it has the following options (I'm not sure for this model/age car what is 'standard' on the S-line)

Phone Prep - High
Sat Nav System Plus
Audi Music Interface
8.5Jx19in 7-Arm Double-Spoke De. Alloy Wheels
Rain Sensor

A couple of questions please for things that aren't onthe spec. list: -

- With the Rain Sensor are Auto headlamps part of the same option?
- Does the S-line for this car come with Xenons or would this have been an option at the time?
- I'm thinking LED rear lights are only on newer models?
- Cruise Control - is that just something that appears on later models?

Anything else you think I should be aware of?

Thanks all

CM

There are a few nice extras there the High phone prep is certainlly an option and should give youthe benifit of usiny the external aerial for the phone an aplug in point inside. The Nav is slos an option and pretty sure that the "Plus" means that you get the 2SD slots (you can check if you have these by pressiong the "open" buton just above the heating controls. The "Plus" also gives you a bigger higher res screen and a hard drive for your music. It also has better voice activaction. and I think you will be able to play DVD movies on the DVD slot. I got this with mine but you will be best to check with the dealer or at worst, take a dvd with you to check it out for yourself. You can play it by selecting DVD after pressing the Media button on the MMI

You will get the AMI socket in the glove box (if you go for the car, make sure you ask for the iPod lead)

The 19" wheels are an option on the S-Line but are standard on the S-Line Special Edition (as is B&O)
LED daytime running with xenons and rear LEDs are standard on the S-Line (just checked my Dec 2009 Cat but not sure when they were added)
Auto wipers and lights are standard on the SE and this is the same for the S-Line
Cruise, as above, is standard in the Dec Cat on all modles SE upwards

If I was you, I would hold off till you find the spec you want. I couldn't live without quattro now that I have experienced it

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know if you saw my tale of woe in the B6 thread but my steering rack and power steering pump have both failed :(

It's going to cost me £1200 to get it back on the road (hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow night) so I m going to do exactly as you say and hunt down the spec I want on the new car (probably go for a slightly newer one too) and I really would like to keep Quattro - whenn I borrowed a 2WD I could tell the difference straight away!

I also like the spec on my car now (I bought it new) and it's realtively highly spec'd so I am going to have to compromise somewhere unless I go for a new one bt I'm now thinking I've got a bit of time to look for one as I've forced myself to keep the car for 3 months or so to balance out paying the £1200 out!

Thanks again for your advice

PS What's the spec on your car and what are your thoughts on the value of these in terms of use not cash if that makes sense?

Thanks
Adrian

I went for the new V6 333bhp S4. Being a petrolhead I would normally go for the manual but I tested the S4 with s-tronic and just fell in love with it so had to have it. The options I went for were as follows

Phanton Black
Black optic Pack
19" wheels
Sports seats
HDD Sat Nav with Music Interface
B&O with DAB (sound pack)
Audi Drive Select with adjustable suspension
Sun roof
Folding mirrors

Picked it up about a month ago and just cant spek highly enough of it. The engine is just mental and yet so understated with apperance etc. Brilliant! Half thinking about upgrading the exhaust to a Milltek but at £1500 I need to have a serious think.

I've uploaded the brochure that was current in April 2009. That should help you see what's standard etc : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3628815/a4%20200904%20V6.1.pdf

It's for when the car was delivered but of course the spec would have been determined when it was ordered. I've got 12/08, 01/09, 02/09 as well if you can be specific.

p.s. LED rear lights are for MY2010 models i.e. made after around June/July '09.

Nice car and spec - I have seen an A5 and A6 with black pack and it was like a stealth bomber - I imagine yours must be even more so!

If my mileage was sensible I would love to get in an S4 but I couldn't afford the fuel or the time filling up three times a week :lol:

I've uploaded the brochure that was current in April 2009. That should help you see what's standard etc : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3628815/a4%20200904%20V6.1.pdf

It's for when the car was delivered but of course the spec would have been determined when it was ordered. I've got 12/08, 01/09, 02/09 as well if you can be specific.

p.s. LED rear lights are for MY2010 models i.e. made after around June/July '09.

Thanks scoTTy - you're a gent!

That one is the brochure I'm looking for