New Avant - B&O / DAB - would you?

oscar

moo
Reaction score
I ordered a new Avant at the beginning of the month and I'm (very) impatiently waiting for it to go into build.

I'm going to mither the dealer this week to get the rear window blinds put into the spec, but have been whether to stump up for the B&O / DAB too. My original thoughts on those were:

DAB: I don't really listen to the radio that much, it's ipod all the way really.
B&O: I like my music, but I listen more to audiobooks and I'm nothing of an audiophile. -- I like music like chemical brothers / prodigy & 80s rock!

I've read alot of people raving about the B&O online & I wonder if ommiting the DAB might hurt the resalability of the car (though I do intend to keep it for a good while).

I'm pretty much on the limit of what I wanted to spend, but I'm sure I could find the £££ - likewise I could happily spend the money on something else!

What would you do?

B&O on it's own is £25 MORE than if you get B&O and DAB so don't just get B&O.

So for £500 for B&O and DAB ("Sound Package") I'd say it's a defo yes..... but only you can put a value on it.

Even if you didn't use it then it might add a couple of hundred come resale or at least make it easier to sell.

I have B&O in my Avant and am real glad I did.

p.s. I also have the blinds and they work well for the kiddies. They actually don't latch as well as my old B6 S4 ones but once ou've made sure they're clipped in properly they do stay there.

p.p.s. Is you're car an S-line ? If so have you check the Special Edition Package?

could just be the audi configurator page - but the sound package seems to make you add the DAB after you add the sound package, only saving you £25 if you have both - might be diff when speaking to the dealer?

Car is an s-line, but I wanted the damping control / drive select which means you can't have the 19" alloys that come as part of the s-line se (apparantly) -- I did have the sline se specced when I went into the dealer.

I have an avant also and it's fitted with B&O and i can't recommend it enough. I love my music (mostly through my ipod) and it varies from 80's heavy metal, dance/trance music and some varied and wild stuff to some Levellers, Cast, Oasis etc and the sound quality is second to none. Everyone who has sat in the car has been blown away by the B&O system and is mightly impressed. I'd say the very fact you're thinking about it is enough- if you don't, it'll bug you........

Id be amazed if they let you alter your order.When i bought mine i had three days grace and that inccluded the weekend.It makes no differance if they havent started to build it yet apparantly.But if you can, go b+o

Id be amazed if they let you alter your order.When i bought mine i had three days grace and that inccluded the weekend.It makes no differance if they havent started to build it yet apparantly.But if you can, go b+o

I could be wrong but I'm sure she said we could change the spec a maximum of 3 times before it went into build - perhaps that was me mis-interpreting 3 days!

Id make a phone call sharpish!>i know that once audi have allocated a build number you are ********.Each car ordered is assembled individualy, and all the bits are collected on a 'shopping list' from thier suppliers (almost everything is made offsite), and they dont take kindly to amendments.I suppose if theyve sorted out a wiring loom for example for a build without for example electric folding mirrors, and youve changed the option, then they have to change the loom.Too much grief if everyone wants to add/remove options.But good luck....if they are major changes, the dealership might take the car ordered as stock, or if they ******** up the order as in mine.

Its all about dropping lucky with the build que and when you actually want the car. If you want it ASAP, your grace period before going confirmed may well be days.

As John says get on that phone quickly as IMO an A4 without B&O is one i would not consider.

Good luck.

I have changed always added items just before build on several of my new builds never had a issue think it is timming get it sorted before build you should be informed all the way when build week is anyway.

then not a issue as your adding more bonus to the salesperson lol

cheers guys - spoke to the dealer at lunch and she was quite happy to add the rear/side blinds (£100) & the sound package (@ £500 - wonder if I'll have to argue that one on collection day!) - said it hadn't affected the build week (she logged on and did it there and then). I think you do take a risk that it can push back your order if you meddle with it.

> as IMO an A4 without B&O is one i would not consider.

I'd picked up a fair bit of that line of thinking - as I say, I'm planning to keep the car for a while (have taken the 5yr warranty), but things can change!

Nicely done mate, 500 quid very well spent :)

So when is the beast arriving?

early july with any luck - I've got to stop torturing myself with the audi website :)

Car is an s-line, but I wanted the damping control / drive select which means you can't have the 19" alloys that come as part of the s-line se (apparantly) -- I did have the sline se specced when I went into the dealer.

Says who? You can't have 19's with S-line suspension (30mm drop) but you can with the Sport Suspension (standard on S-lines) or on Dynamic suspension. I have the 19's with dynamic dampers on my S-line so I know it can be done.

p.s. Dynamic is 20mm drop like Sports Suspension hence no issues with 19s.

Was the dealer that knocked it back - secretly a bit disapointed because the 19"s are much nicer looking alloys imho.

Our sales lady didn't know about it - but she came back with an official looking memo which suggested the two were not to be ordered together.

I'd go back and see them. If you still want 19's with Dynamic then go for it. ;)

I went for the 19" and the ADS with damper control and really glad that I did. I gave the sports diff anf the dynamic steering a miss. I didnt realise until after I got the car that you do still get adj steering weight as standard with the Drive select.

It was the last option I added with the sales manADS + damper control came to £550 on the S4. he offered them to me for £500. I have had the car for almost a month now and am really happy with all the options I ended up going for

If you get the chance, go for it. (I too went for the B&O and DAB (sound pack) £500) and its far better than the Bose in my 2.0 TFSI Quattro DTM

I'd go back and see them. If you still want 19's with Dynamic then go for it. ;)

I think I'm at the limit of my funds now!, I'll probably just trash them on the kerb anyway - the ones on my A3 aren't in the best shape to my shame :(