S4 Fuel

Trev241

Reaction score
Just wondered how many S4 owners on the forum are running on 95 Ron since the price of fuel has rocketed, I started with V Power and have recently tried 95 (Shell) and must admit I don't really find any difference in performance.

No difference either. I fill up with Super if i can but if i need fuel and a garage doesn't have it i just go with 95.

I'm on a tank of 95 at the moment, I think there may be a 'slight' difference,,,, almost imperceptible........ Then again it could be psychological...!!

Or in my case Pathological........??:laugh:

I am trying to use super all the time as i do with both cars, I do find i get more mpg and a bit quicker feel from the car. but i doubt it makes much difference untill re-mapped

1/4 of a tank 34.5 miles Aahhhh

Thats the bad news. The good is that was about a weeks driving

More bad news - That aint going to last

More bad news acheived 8.7mpg on the way into work this morning

More good news - only did 2 miles to work. I get quite excited when I see it going to the dizzy heights of 17.5mpg LOL

Dude thats walking distance, and it isnt going to be doing the beast any favours ;)

Dude thats walking distance, and it isnt going to be doing the beast any favours ;)

Yea spot on. I often have to travel away from the office and up until the start of the year I had always driven in (just in case I was called to a meeting) One of the guys in the office said pretty much the same as you and since about mid Jan this year, I have started walking in unless I have a pre-planned meeting that needs me to travel to it.

Also, I went fron a 2.0 T FSI Quattro (DTM Ed) to an S4 and I reckon that with my new regime, I am probablly spending the same on fuel - and I have 2 advantages 1) when I drive I JUST LOVE IT and because I am walking some of the time I am loosing weight and getting fitter Win win !!