My New S4

bcampbell

Reaction score
After not too long a wait and just in time to avoid the showroom tax, I took delivery of my new car, and here are the pics,

Very nice mate, you must be well happy.

Stick a row of red LED's in the front grill and you have got KIT from knightrider.

Stick your full spec down in this post as i can not remember it.

Have fun running her in for the first few miles as over the next few weeks its just going to get better and better :)

Guys (coz I know that the girls dont drive these) here is the spec

On top of the standard S4 spec which now includes cruse and bluetooth I went for the following options

S4 (UK RHS)
S-Tronic
Phantom black
19" wheels (and for anyone interested it came with Dunlops
Audi Drive select with damper control and dynamic steering
B&O sound upgrade
DAB Radio
HDD Sat Nav with 7" screen (lets you play DVDs) and parking plus (gives you the front sensors) as part of the pack
Sports seats (gives you electric adj and elect lumber)
Black Styling Pack (takes away the chrome from the grill, the bottom bar below the grill, the trim around the fogs and side windows and the trim beside the boot lid.
Folding mirrors

I prefer the alcantara to the full leather so I didn't go for that option.:w00t:

Nice spec dude (probably said that before :) ).

B&O rocks, and the sat-nav makes the interior look like the bridge of the enterprise, wish i could have stretched to it.

Just out of interest on the DIS computer 2 what is the total hours run?

Phil.

The DIS has two seperate trip computers. The first set reset after the car has been idle for two hours or more. The second set of information only gets reset when you do it manually.

My car came with just under 40 miles on the clock but the second trip comuter showed nearly 13 hours of activity.

Looks excellent, another winner from the Audi design department in my eyes. The black sets the car off well and a nice list of options (interesting that bluetooth is now standard).

Thanks for all your complements everyone.

Yip, there are a lot of silver fans out there but I must say I like the black. My last Audi was phantom as well. And there are those who like the contrasting interior (if black outside then something lighter inside) but I like the all black look.

Just checked the computer "2" and saw the run hours at 11:58 So that must be accurate i.e. its not gone to 11:59 yet which was where my last Audi froze. No way have I done 12hours of driving yet so yes! thats interesting.

Yes bluetooth standard now I think it was from 1/1/10

Happier than expected with the mpg. Done about 150 miles and just gone through half a tank. The 4.2 V8 would have gone through about 3/4 maybe even more!!! The fuel computer says 14.2 mpg. but I'm just ignoring that.

14.2 mpg, boy have you been enjoying those first 150 miles ;)

Very interesting on the hours run, i wonder what thats all about then?

Nice car, it passed me on the road this week, looks very nice with optics pack.

Nice car, it passed me on the road this week, looks very nice with optics pack.

Been doing a few miles lately - been to Dundee, Banchory, Stonehaven as well as Kingewells, Dunecht and on Friday went to see the guys at Polished Bliss to get some stuff. Where did you see me, will have to look out for you - give mea toot or a flash or something.

Still have the "10" plate on it at the mo. Audi have someone interested in my old DTM (lovely car and it will make someone very happy) Problem is that because someone was interested in it, they put my plate on retension and now that my own reg doc has come through, I have to wait till the retension cert comes through before my own plate goes back on.

Had to register it before the end of March to avoid the showroom tax which came into effect on 1/4/10. No time to get my own plate on it before the end of April as this takes a bit of time and the car only arrived in Aberdeen on 29th March. Having picked it up late on the 30th I basically only had 1 day that I could use the car in March.

Yes i saw you on the N Esplanade a couple of weeks ago, you were the only car gunning it doing 30/31mph. I will give you a wave next time on the road, but of course if you change the plate, i could be waving at anyone?! :unsure:

Last edited:
Yes i saw you on the N Esplanade a couple of weeks ago, you were the only car gunning it doing 30/31mph. I will give you a wave next time on the road, but of course if you change the plate, i could be waving at anyone?! :unsure:

Tell you what though, its great doing that 30-31mph in the car. My own plate is 62 BRU