A4 A5 Alloy wheel size compatability

pns2007

Moonstone Grey
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi I need some help please with wheel sizes.

I have been offered some Alloys for my A4 but they are from an A5, they are brand new still in the box and I can get them for £100 a piece +VAT. (A bargain on £500 a piece from Audi)

These are the wheels:-

Capture1.png

Any comments welcome .....

The size is 19 X 9J and the ET is 33. (The 19" A4 alloys are I believe 19 X8.5J ET 47)

I believe they will fit but I'm not sure about tyre size. The standard size tyre on the A4 is 255/35/19.

Anyone know the answer please?

Thanks

Neil

I don't know if they'll fit although I expect so.

However if they're that price and genuine then surely you buy them for that price and sell them on an A5 forum for a couple of quid more ?

Thought about that, I posted the question on Audizine (I see your on there aswell). Someone on there confirmed they would fit but I've seen a couple of threads about the 255 tyres rubbing. I don't know whether my car has been lowered or not so unsure if they will rub (standard S-line as far as I know). 245 tyres shouldn't rub but will put the speedo out, the calculator I used says that when the speedo reads 100 mph I will actually be doing 98.5 mph. Don't therefore think this will matter too much, better to be under than over!

Speedo shouldn't change unless you change the tyre profile size- the 245/255 is the width.

I'm sure mine are 255 x 19 and i dont have rubbing issues......

Thanks,

I have decided not to have them as my mind was being swayed by the price rather than the style. I really want some RS4 wheels. They were from my local Audi dealership so a bargain really. Telephoned them this morning to let them know I didn't want them and he apparently sold them this afternoon.

By the way Big Bird, the profile or aspect ratio is the percentage of the tyre width giving you the height of the tyre. Therefore it will alter the rolling radius of the tyre if you change the tyre width but keep the same profile. The difference in the circumference between a 255/35/19 and 245/35/19 is 22mm

Try out this tyre size calculator:- http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also the offset between an A4 and and A5 wheel is differnet (otherwise known asET)

check out this site:- http://www.morfed.net/wheel-offset-calculator/

I knew nothing really about this and have very nearly (on several occasions) bid on wheels on e-bay and have fortunately not won them. I probably would have bought in compatable wheels.

Also something to be aware of is the size of the middle hole in the wheel. On the new A4 and A5 it is (I think) 61mm rather than 57mm on the older A4 A3 (The B7 A4 wheels will not fit the B8 A4 for this reason)

I Learn something new every day!!!

Last edited: