Avant 2010 Powered Tailgate

rosscotdi

Reaction score
Hey all
Ive ordered a A4 2010 Avant 2.0tfsi sline with powered tailgate, my question is, does anyone have this? If the boot is open will it close via the total closere feature?

Cheers Ross

I have this.

No. That would be asking for trouble!!

cheers for reply, silly question really but why would it be asking for trouble? Would it damage something if it closed on it?

Cheers ross

Perhaps it's just being the parent of a 4 year old and a 9 month old that in my mind it was obviously very dangerous to allow an electrically power door to shut remotely. I'm more sensitive to such risks than someone without youngs kids and I incorrectly assummed it would be perceived as dangerous to all.

The windows are also dangerous but since the kids are only in the car in proper seats and outside the car they're a long way from the pinch points, I'd suggest the risk of them is a lot less. However many kids over the years have been injured or worse.

Even simply things like people walking around the car could get surprised by it suddenly being at head heigh and the edges potentially taking out at eye etc would meanI totally get why Audi wouldn't want that functionality.

I think 'sunroof close' is also not configured for similar reasons.