AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: B8 sline

1st Gear

Status

B8 sline

Guys i am thinking of moving from b7 sline to b8 and would like to know if i can plug in my ipod nano to the stereo and will the mf swheel work it . thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sparky

Status
    There is no place on the stereo to plug in the ipod you will need the AMI in the glove box and this will then allow full working control through the steering wheel,although there is an SD slot in the stereo that will work through the steering wheel.
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the reply i am really surprised that it doesnt have a plug in facility , i thought most cars had these now a days .

1st Gear

Status
    There is an aux-in, in the centre arm rest. This will not charge or control the ipod though.

6th Gear

Status
    Ivor1.....have you forgotten that everything is an extra and costs!!!!Redspudders right...you will need the AMI in the glovebox,and theres a couple of leads used, an ipod lead,(pre 2009 and post 2009) a usb lead (for usb stixs for example) and a 3.5mm jack lead all at Ł30 each! The AMI will cost you Ł399 plus fitting
    http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-area/audi-accessories.html?appAction=%2Faccessories-searcher%2Fsearch!search.do
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

3rd Gear

Status
    If you spec the AMI from new you get two cables to connect Ipod or other MP3 player. dealer option code UF7 cost Ł245 inc VAT (according to brochure)
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

[s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

[s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

[s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]

A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

Neutral

Status
    I have the AMI in the glovebox and have to say, it's one of the best systems i've seen. It allows full control for the ipod through the system, including the wheel, and also charges the ipod. The other option of aux jack plug in the centre console is poor in comparison.

1st Gear

Status
    Called in at dealer today and tested out a 143 sline , must say i was impressed how quiet the new engine is , although i broke into a laugh when the sales guy gave me the cost to change. Thanks for the help guys

Sparky

Status
    I have to agree the AMI is quality as big bird says,but i really wouldnt pay the extra for it just get a 16gb SD card and use this in the slot far cheaper.As my car was a demo it had some extras on it including the AMI, i also have the symphony radio with MP3 6 disc changer so i have any amount of music possibillities but i really dont use the cd changer but its always there should i need it.
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry, i was under the impression that the car you were after was used.If your having a new one its well worth it.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by redspudder View Post
    I have to agree the AMI is quality as big bird says,but i really wouldnt pay the extra for it just get a 16gb SD card and use this in the slot far cheaper.As my car was a demo it had some extras on it including the AMI, i also have the symphony radio with MP3 6 disc changer so i have any amount of music possibillities but i really dont use the cd changer but its always there should i need it.
    Just to state, my car was also an ex demo and had AMI, leather, 19" alloys etc fitted for me!! I wouldn't pay the 37k the car cost new either!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi guys , i have searched through the audi website its amazing the number of cars listed that dont appear to be in stock , and such an array of prices, have been looking at 2 phantom exec slines vey nice.so hope to sort things out tomorrow if i can get decent price for my car . In northern ireland it doent matter as much whether a car is on 58 09 or 59 plate , it is still an 2009 car .

is there any big issues on the b8 i need to look out for ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivor1 View Post
    is there any big issues on the b8 i need to look out for ?
    I've only had my 09 S-line two weeks and spent az few months looking for the right one. As far as i ciould find out, there have been no major reported issues with the car- they are still too new. Plus, a 2009 car will still have the best part of 2 years warranty left on it!!

I found a few cases of the B&O amplifier going a bit mad, but apart from that, not a lot really....!!