A4-19", Leather, AMI

Quietlife

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a pre-reg A4. It's fitted with 19" alloys, leather interior and AMI. Now I'm changing from an A3 S0Line BE,because the ride is just too hard! (Must be getting old). Does an A4 ride any better and is a car with 19" going from the frying pan to the fire!

The I-Pod interface in the A3 is a joke. How does the AMI compare? Does AMI give full track details in the colour screen. I only ask because there seem to be different specs of AMI available.

This car has leather seats, which look nice. However, there is another car with B+O stereo, which appeals to me. Can't decide which is the better choice.

I have 19" alloys and i find the ride compliant but firm, but definatly not crashy or uncomfortable. The best thing to do is go have a drive.

I dont have AMI but from what i know it replicates the ipod display on the stereo screen, whilst charging. I saved some money and brought a 4GB SD card, it stays in the car and works just great :)

B&O is simply awesome, and i wouldnt take car without it, but then a would say the same for leather as well. Given its a buyers market, i would probably hold out for a car with both!!...

I went from a B6 S4 to a B8 A4 with 19" wheels and it's massively more compliant. But then you will test drive at a dealers before hand won't you? ;)
AMI does all I want. Some people get annoyed coz Mix mode has to be reset each time you start the car but I never use that. It displays the info in the MMI screen and/or the DIS.

B&O or leather? Hhhmm I guess it depends on how you use if and what you want. When spec'ing mine I went for both.

I had 19" wheels when i specced my new B8 last march.I didnt know at the time that an sline with 19" wheels the suspension was only dropped 20mm, instead of the regular 30mmIts incredible what 10mm makes.From sharp to wallowy so much so i have had a higher specced rear bar fitted.It also tramlines like hell on country roads .You MUST drive both.

One of the reasons I'm coming out of my A3 is that in my old age, the ride is just solid! I've always had 'sport' versions of the cars I've owned, some fitted with 19" wheels. But I've never experienced a ride like the A3 S-Line. If the A4 ON 19" isn't dropped as much, it might actually be a benefit for me. (But I'm heavily swayed by the B+O in the other car, I like my music)

It'll all come down to money in the end.

As we all know, its relativly easy to get a new set of rims on a motor. Its not soe easy to fit B&O or add a nice set of leather seats.

Leather and B&O are all "standard" extras (If you know what i mean), hold on for the right one dude.

Absolutely right necroscope.I remember my first audi a4 b7 was one that was in stock.I was so mesmerized that i bought it, and later realised that i reall wanted the xenons, the privacy glass, the bose etc etc, and spent the next three years moaning about it.Just wait mate.

Hey, i've recently bought my fist Audi and joined here (in fact, this is my first post!!).

I've been looking for a A4 Avant for ages and hung on and hung on, but eventually the right car came along- it's a 2.0 TFSi with S-line, 19" alloys, B&O, leather and loads of other extras. I would highly recommend waiting for the right car- it will appear! IO nearly jumped in twice for a similar, but lower specced car- so glad i didn't!!

As for the 19" alloys and lower ride being hard- well, i came from a 2006 Impreza STi with prodrive pack- that was hard!! The Audi is a pleasure in comparison!!

I've seen a Sep 09 170 Executive With 19", AMI, sat nav, B+O and rear parking sensors. For a grand cheaper, there is a Jan 10, 1500 miles 140 Executive , with sat nav and AMI but no other extras. (No full leather in either- but that doesn't bother me too much). I'm erring towards the older car, because I love the colour and the options appeal to me.

Is the only difference between the high and low sat nav the HDD and is there any obvious way visually to tell the two apart.

OMG i have a loan car that just happens to be an A3 1.6 tdi "s-line", and i see what you mean about the stupid hard ride. I have just doen 20 miles in it and i feel stick, its way to hard. You will not be disapointed by an A4, totally different beast.

I dont know about the sat-nav dude, sorry.

Is the only difference between the high and low sat nav the HDD and is there any obvious way visually to tell the two apart.

Sat Nav low is DVD based whilst high is HDD. The quick way to tell at a glance is the rotary selector on the centre console. The low version has a flat top to the selector, the high has a mini "joy stick" on the top to enable "cross hairs" to be manipulated on the sat nav screen so that you can position a known point on the map if you do not know the address, post code etc. The other way to tell is if you have the mmi fired up and you select "source" whilst in "media" one of the options will be jukebox. This is where you can import your cd's, mp3's etc onto the HDD.

HDD also gives full voice control and DVD playback. You also get a higher resolution screen that's a little larger. I wouldn't go for the DVD option. Check out the price of the tech packs before ordering any SatNav ;)